Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your spouse doesn't try to help when you are sick...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are you with them?

Don't get me wrong I don't have one of those eager sallys who come home and automatically starts to clean up.  He'll do something if I ask him to.

But when I'm sick he might not be nurse nightengale, but he certainly picks up the slack.

I can't imagine waking up sick and tired and telling my husband and he says "tough" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
DH doesn't do much around the house when I'm sick..he's not home much so not really used to it, lol. He will take care of the kids though and bring in medicine and see if I need it, he will also make me rest and keep the kids quite. :) he's a good hubs. Just not much of a cleaner..haha
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

DH doesn't do much around the house when I'm sick..he's not home much so not really used to it, lol. He will take care of the kids though and bring in medicine and see if I need it, he will also make me rest and keep the kids quite. :) he's a good hubs. Just not much of a cleaner..haha

Yea and thats really all I would expect from mine.

I meant to do just that, give you something of a break wiht the chores that can't be put off, like for you feeding and watering the kidletts.

sexychica25
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
He can't run the house like me, but he makes sure ds is taken care of.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Because I have three kids with him. I can't leave him for that, we would both me screwed... Lose the house and not able to make ends meet if we split.
Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

My husband ALWAYS has to work.  The only time he took off was when I was recovering from surgery.  And even then, he worked from home.  And would go into work when he could (kids in school, for instance).  He got take out food (can't cook worth a damn), and then later one of my friends organized a food drop off for a week, each person bringing a full meal for us.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I have three kids with him. I can't leave him for that, we would both me screwed... Lose the house and not able to make ends meet if we split.

So your only choice is to, live under his rule or leave?

There is no compromise or working towards a better life with the two of you?

See I dont get that. Im sorry I couldn't be happy like that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I am a sahm I can't expect him to take off work to help me. He does when he is home. But I have also gone over a year with out him because of deployment. I have learned that enemy though I am sick I have a little one who depends on me to take care of him.
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm I can't expect him to take off work to help me. He does when he is home. But I have also gone over a year with out him because of deployment. I have learned that enemy though I am sick I have a little one who depends on me to take care of him.

again, no one said he should take off work, please read what I said.

Thanks.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Of I pushed my husband out of the bed he would hit me, push me out of bed and yell at me about how much of a bitch I am.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
That's exactly why I don't have him do much! As long as he brings me hot tea, some Dayquil and holds the baby, I'll manage even if I don't leave the couch.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting winkyloafer:

I don't like to be down when I'm sick.

which is great, but if you were to be down, you knwo your Dh would be pick up the slack -  I mean best he could, lets face it NO one can do it like WE do it.

LOL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN