Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your spouse doesn't try to help when you are sick...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are you with them?

Don't get me wrong I don't have one of those eager sallys who come home and automatically starts to clean up.  He'll do something if I ask him to.

But when I'm sick he might not be nurse nightengale, but he certainly picks up the slack.

I can't imagine waking up sick and tired and telling my husband and he says "tough" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I never said I was happy. I have tried to get him to change, but he's just a jerk. I'm a SAHM so if I leave I don't have anyway to support my kids. I do t want to lose them because of him.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

And that's when I shoot him in the face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of I pushed my husband out of the bed he would hit me, push me out of bed and yell at me about how much of a bitch I am.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

CafeMom Tickers
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm never sick when he is home it's kind of hard to help  out when you are in different coast 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Mine is deployed so much that I forget that if I'm sick and he's miraculously here, I can relax. Lol I'm so use to him being gone on deployments and tdys that I just simply forget he cab help me out.
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

this

Quoting MommyBoha:

I agree with you. My DH will do whatever he can to help me when Im sick

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I'm sorry. Why did you marry a man like that?

Quoting Anonymous:

Of I pushed my husband out of the bed he would hit me, push me out of bed and yell at me about how much of a bitch I am.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I'm sorry.

Quoting Anonymous:

I never said I was happy. I have tried to get him to change, but he's just a jerk. I'm a SAHM so if I leave I don't have anyway to support my kids. I do t want to lose them because of him.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

KristaElizabeth
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM
I had an ex (one of many reasons why he's an ex)
That left me dehydrated on the bathroom floor when I had the stomach flu. He said that if I was going to throw up that I needed to deal with it.

DF took care of me when I had the flu, he made soup and tea. He went to work and stuf but made sure I was ok before he left and called me throughout the day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

As long as my husband makes sure the kids are cared for and safe, if I need to sleep all day (which as a mom, you all know, is rare) then I'm fine.  But I will admit that it DOES piss me off to get better the next day and walk into the front area of the house to find them DESTROYED.  That is why unless I am REALLY sick, my ass is still doing shit around here, b/c the "time off" (even if sick) isn't worth the disaster of a house that I find.  And that DOES piss me off at DH.  But I just deal with it. 

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:26 AM

That's wonderful, I'm glad you were able to get a good man.

Quoting KristaElizabeth:

I had an ex (one of many reasons why he's an ex)
That left me dehydrated on the bathroom floor when I had the stomach flu. He said that if I was going to throw up that I needed to deal with it.

DF took care of me when I had the flu, he made soup and tea. He went to work and stuf but made sure I was ok before he left and called me throughout the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)