Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your spouse doesn't try to help when you are sick...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are you with them?

Don't get me wrong I don't have one of those eager sallys who come home and automatically starts to clean up.  He'll do something if I ask him to.

But when I'm sick he might not be nurse nightengale, but he certainly picks up the slack.

I can't imagine waking up sick and tired and telling my husband and he says "tough" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (31-40):
anjones09
by Ash on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM
He definitely helps. He may not clean the house, but he'll take care of ds and myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Acid
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Because, in most of those cases, they were married because they got pregnant, they were bored, or they needed the comfort of a man and it didn't matter what kind of man.  

Or, maybe they thought he was 'the one' ten minutes after knowing him and figured being married would change him.

I don't understand it either but those reasons are what I've told myself because I refuse to believe that any woman with half an ounce of self esteem would willingly marry a loser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I stated how I felt. Wow you seem so nice. Life doesn't stop for one to get sick.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm I can't expect him to take off work to help me. He does when he is home. But I have also gone over a year with out him because of deployment. I have learned that enemy though I am sick I have a little one who depends on me to take care of him.

again, no one said he should take off work, please read what I said.

Thanks.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Mine has always picked up the slack. Granted he never does things my way LOL, but he does them good enough. I couldn't imagine being with someone who is able to help with our kids and home, but simply choosing not to help at all.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:29 AM
He usually orders food and has it delivered, haha. It does keep down on dishes though :) it also insures the kids eat..he's not very good in the kitchen o_O lol

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting Anonymous:

DH doesn't do much around the house when I'm sick..he's not home much so not really used to it, lol. He will take care of the kids though and bring in medicine and see if I need it, he will also make me rest and keep the kids quite. :) he's a good hubs. Just not much of a cleaner..haha

Yea and thats really all I would expect from mine.

I meant to do just that, give you something of a break wiht the chores that can't be put off, like for you feeding and watering the kidletts.

momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM

My dh does help and I appreciate it. He has a hard time with some things (poopy diapers) but does his best. He is a sweetheart.

FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I have had two sick days in my life for 20 years, you are not talking to someone who thinks the world stops.

However to have a spouse openly disregard or show no sympathy for you when you are sick, is unacceptable to me.

I didn't say they should take off work, but to choose sleeping late over letting your sick spouse sleep late, I don't see how a woman can love a man who treats her like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I stated how I felt. Wow you seem so nice. Life doesn't stop for one to get sick.

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a sahm I can't expect him to take off work to help me. He does when he is home. But I have also gone over a year with out him because of deployment. I have learned that enemy though I am sick I have a little one who depends on me to take care of him.

again, no one said he should take off work, please read what I said.

Thanks.

caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Randy works all the time :/ He's usually gone before I wake up and I don't see him until 14 hours later. He's not around to take care of me lol.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
As long as he keeps the kids away and semi entertained, that is good enough for me!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
caito
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Also, I've been extremely lucky to have never had a debilitating illness yet. I've had a few heinous colds and backaches, but nothing that's ever confined me to the bed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN