Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If your spouse doesn't try to help when you are sick...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are you with them?

Don't get me wrong I don't have one of those eager sallys who come home and automatically starts to clean up.  He'll do something if I ask him to.

But when I'm sick he might not be nurse nightengale, but he certainly picks up the slack.

I can't imagine waking up sick and tired and telling my husband and he says "tough" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (41-50):
ksueditz
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Are you married to MY dh?!?! ;)

Quoting Anonymous:

As long as my husband makes sure the kids are cared for and safe, if I need to sleep all day (which as a mom, you all know, is rare) then I'm fine.  But I will admit that it DOES piss me off to get better the next day and walk into the front area of the house to find them DESTROYED.  That is why unless I am REALLY sick, my ass is still doing shit around here, b/c the "time off" (even if sick) isn't worth the disaster of a house that I find.  And that DOES piss me off at DH.  But I just deal with it. 

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FooLynRoo

damn thats harsh, I would just give him a what for.. LOL

Quoting Kaelaasmom:

And that's when I shoot him in the face.

Quoting Anonymous:

Of I pushed my husband out of the bed he would hit me, push me out of bed and yell at me about how much of a bitch I am.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
When we were dating I was never sick, he was always sweet. I never got sick until after my kids were around 2 yrs. and then I realized he's not that wonderful.
Quoting FooLynRoo:

kathislove80
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
He's great at doing stuff around the house, and okay at taking care of the baby when I'm sick.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
Yeah...my DH always helps when I am sick or just plain tired. We really are a team. I couldn't deal with him not helping me, I find it disrespectful in a way.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brokenxxangel

I still have all my responsibilites when I am sick, just another day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 AM
I agree. Last time I was sick, he left the house a mess!
He would get me a blanket or some water. However, he and the kids would eat, leave dirty dishes in the sink. He made dinner, left dirty pots on the stove. I was livid when I felt better, the house was a disaster.
Ollie123
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM

It just seems to me that a lot of people are with motherfuckers. I don't know why people put up with it. My husband is like yours. He will pick up the slack. I will have to ask him to do certain things but he will do it. He is really good about making a trip to the store to purchase easy foods to prepare. That way cooking for himself and the kids is a cinch.

FooLynRoo

Quoting caito:

Randy works all the time :/ He's usually gone before I wake up and I don't see him until 14 hours later. He's not around to take care of me lol.

but if he were, if he was sleeping and you had the flu, would he wake up to take care of the diapers or breakfast or would you tell you to get up anyhow?

pbjtime87
He usually drugs me with NyQuil and takes the kids out for the day.. The house might not be clean but my body is well rested for the tornado about to come home...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN