Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your spouse doesn't try to help when you are sick...

Posted by   + Show Post

Why are you with them?

Don't get me wrong I don't have one of those eager sallys who come home and automatically starts to clean up.  He'll do something if I ask him to.

But when I'm sick he might not be nurse nightengale, but he certainly picks up the slack.

I can't imagine waking up sick and tired and telling my husband and he says "tough" and rolls back over and goes back to sleep.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Replies (81-90):
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, you have one of those things called a "healthy relationship?"  Pssh...who wants that?  I bet he even helped take care of your kid when you were sick.  Blah.

Ha ha.  I always wonder the same thing.  I married my best friend, and a PARTNER.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:38 AM
The kids and I all just got over a 2 week battle with the flu. My husband did nothing to help. I was awake day and night with the kids as well as being sick myself. I probably took so long to get better because I was getting zero rest. He does not feel it is his job to take care of the kids in any way, he works so the kids are my job. Which on a normal basis is fine, but when dealing w the flu I told him he really should help out but he disagreed.
FooLynRoo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:44 AM

well semi healthy - some things we do is pretty fucked up to others, but it works

I just never feel inferior to him or him to I. it works well when you both want each other happy instead of keeping track of what you've done.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Oh, you have one of those things called a "healthy relationship?"  Pssh...who wants that?  I bet he even helped take care of your kid when you were sick.  Blah.

Ha ha.  I always wonder the same thing.  I married my best friend, and a PARTNER.

MamaTwinkleA
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:45 AM
If I feel crappy my dh takes off work to take care of ds and me if he is able. He has paid sick leave and more than he could ever use.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizardannie1966
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Have never had a problem with my Dh being willing to help out whenever I need him in almost 27 years of marriage, including when I'm sick.

There's always the possibility that when I am sick and subsequently as whiny as a 3-year old, that he helps to shut me up....and because putting duct tape over my mouth would be in poor form............ lol ;)

But still....he's a definite keeper for many reasons, this being one of them.

BluePandaDreams
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM
My man is wonderful when I am sick. Can't imagine a lump laying in bed next to me. I would breathe on him and give him a special gift.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Like The Gift of the Magi.  She sells her hair to buy him a watch strap; he sells his watch to buy her a comb.  Each doing for the other.  Love it!

Quoting FooLynRoo:

well semi healthy - some things we do is pretty fucked up to others, but it works

I just never feel inferior to him or him to I. it works well when you both want each other happy instead of keeping track of what you've done.

Quoting Crazy-Steph:

Rileyscute
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM

My husband has taken off work when I have been sick..most recently when I had the flu last month (he has plenty of paid time to do this, when I need him). I can't get better fast by being a martyr..and I refuse to be one. He might not do every little thing to my specifications..but he does do a great job..

oh..and my hubs rocks..I got lucky

lindilouwho82
by Lindi on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Yeah my DH is pretty awesome, he takes care of me and helps me with DD if either of us are sick. He also helps out domestically, without very little push. He likes a clean house as much if not more than I do. He also is a SAHP who works from home 90% of the time; I believe it's only fair he pull his weight in terms of chores and domestic duties.

kagegirl
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hell, mine threatens to break out the duct tape when i am sick. I am used to doing everything and now that I am recovering from childbirth, he forces me to stay down!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured