Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is my DH disregarding how hard this is??

Posted by   + Show Post
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to get my husband to understand that while I stay at home and work full time from home managing a business will work he needs to stop acting like it is so EASY! I can't get him to help around the house more and keep in mind I work too as a SAHM! I do take care of everything happily but if I am contributing equally financially and raising our baby how do you get them to step it up? He is a good man just needs to understand. Not bitching as some have said, looking for communicative advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (21-30):
MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM
It's the opposite in my home. DH was the SAHD and I couldn't get him to help aroun the house, so after working like a 12-15 hour shift I'd come home and have to clean and do everything else. Anyways, its good because he has a job now... Thank god!
Mashnut3161
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Everyone veiws things different. Men from women, Hell women from other women and men from men. So I don't know why you expected for this to turn out peacful. It never does.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:42 AM
I am a Sahm but I think it is super easy, now going to school is hard.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
All I ask my husband to do when he comes home from work is to take the trash out if I haven't already and pick up or move something I couldn't lift. I do expect him to pick up after himself but I don't expect him to clean the whole house. He wouldn't do it like I do it anyways lol.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
depends what does your dh do?
My dh has an easy job. Yes he works twelve hr shifts but its only 2 days on 2 days off. He is home half the month so he helps out.
But he it took time. I use to go on strike and do nothing when he would tell me its just soooo easy. Make a list of everything you do from the time you get up till you go to bed. He may not realize all it takes to be home all day.
jadsmummy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I know. OP I was a housewife for 4 years before we had our first child sooooo I really do know how to run a household. First you have got to get organized, simplify things, and get a firm but flexible if need be routine going. You need to schedule things set goals and be accountable. Talk to your husband and work together to get things running smoothly. Also get mommy friends and get out of the house sty least twice a week for social things. The school run and grocery store don't count.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

Wow this got ugly fast.

ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Maybe for some, but not for all. This is like trying to say that, for everyone, sewing is easy. That, for everyone, cutting paper using an Xacto knife is easy... it's a blanket statement, and very false for some.

Consider a heart.

I find being a SAHM difficult, as it leave very little room for having an adult relationship beyond my husband, a telephone, or a computer. Literally, nearly everything I do involved the kids. I don't get to go somewhere for eight hours a day, and just do things without children... It's insanity some days. It truly is. I crave a chance to be childless, that doesn't involve grocery shopping. I even have two of my three at my pap smear. 

jadsmummy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Omg that pic is hilarious!

Quoting Anonymous:

he is a man and will never understand until he stands in your shoes for the day. Give him this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Not as much, nobody is home during the day. Derp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is working any harder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Go on strike! That's what I do to give the family a quick reminder :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN