Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why is my DH disregarding how hard this is??

Posted by   + Show Post
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to get my husband to understand that while I stay at home and work full time from home managing a business will work he needs to stop acting like it is so EASY! I can't get him to help around the house more and keep in mind I work too as a SAHM! I do take care of everything happily but if I am contributing equally financially and raising our baby how do you get them to step it up? He is a good man just needs to understand. Not bitching as some have said, looking for communicative advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (31-40):
luckysevenwow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

It doesn't matter if it is easy or hard, it is his responsibility to help with the kids. You didn't create them on your own, you shouldn't be raising them on your own.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:52 AM
Quoting ForeverInLove:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Maybe for some, but not for all. This is like trying to say that, for everyone, sewing is easy. That, for everyone, cutting paper using an Xacto knife is easy... it's a blanket statement, and very false for some.

Consider a heart.

I find being a SAHM difficult, as it leave very little room for having an adult relationship beyond my husband, a telephone, or a computer. Literally, nearly everything I do involved the kids. I don't get to go somewhere for eight hours a day, and just do things without children... It's insanity some days. It truly is. I crave a chance to be childless, that doesn't involve grocery shopping. I even have two of my three at my pap smear. 

seriously this is so me. my life when i worked life was much easier. my house was always clean because my kids didnt not spend all day inside of it messing stuff up, i got to talk to people without using hand gestures or having to enunciate EEV EERRR EEEEE single word i spoke and i didnt have to deal with people puking, peeing and pooping on me all day long. every persons experience is different. but i really miss having time outside of the house....working for me was a cake walk.

rebeccasmommy09
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I'm a little confused. It sounds like you might be a WAHM. Is that right? Or are you saying being a SAHM is work?

I've done all 3 scenarios (work ft outside the home, SAHM and now WAHM). They all have their ups and downs. SAHM was by far the easiest and I didn't expect dh to do much (if any) housework. While working though (whether in or out of the house) there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything done and spend quality time with the little ones. One thing that really helped dh to understand my days was to leave him with the kids for a few hours. Every time I do that he tells me he doesn't know how I get anything accomplished, lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalaballet
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this

I am not trying to be snarky but I am slightly loling at those with one kid saying it is easy and get over it.  It is all relative and not all families are the same so of course no one will understand your exact situation.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Do you mean you work from home?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Here's the issue with that. A working mom has her kids in childcare or school while she works. A SAHM with kids at home all day has more meals to cook, more messes to clean, more fights to break up, more diapers to change, etc. Most of the SAHMs I know are also trying to be more frugal to allow them to SAH, and that involves more time and effort. Some SAHMs homeschool, and that's even more on their plates.

I'm not saying one is harder than the other, but both can be equally challenging in their own ways.

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is working any harder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM

it is easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:02 AM

....So then cleaning, cooking, laundry... It's all done by some fairy that wants to help out working mothers. I see you!

Quoting Anonymous:

Not as much, nobody is home during the day. Derp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is working any harder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Agreed

Quoting Anonymous:

This will get ugly

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM
I never viewed being a SAHM as "work" I work from home 50 hrs a week. That is my work. The house is not. And I do the majority of it. I'm already here! My kids have chores and DH.does the yard work, shoveling, picking up.his own things like dishes and laundry and helps out some with cleaning here and there. But I do most. And its easy to me! Guess I don't understand
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)