Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is my DH disregarding how hard this is??

Posted by   + Show Post
Does anyone have any words of wisdom on how to get my husband to understand that while I stay at home and work full time from home managing a business will work he needs to stop acting like it is so EASY! I can't get him to help around the house more and keep in mind I work too as a SAHM! I do take care of everything happily but if I am contributing equally financially and raising our baby how do you get them to step it up? He is a good man just needs to understand. Not bitching as some have said, looking for communicative advice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

You have one kid? Of course it's easy.

Quoting audreesmama:

Yep! Being a SAHM is a fucking cakewalk compared to working 60+ hours a week, for salary, and then coming home and doing all the same shit SAHM have all day to do. I'm a SAHM until my son is older, and this is the fucking life!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How is working any harder?

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

QueenBof6
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Maybe you should just go back to work if you can't handle it.

Or take a day off.
I get a sitter once a week and leabe for a couple hours.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shell3m
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I don't know hun, my man works but also helps around the house on the weekends.  **shrugs**

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Lol yeah, okay.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not as much, nobody is home during the day. Derp.

Quoting Anonymous:

Generally a woman who works out of home still has to do all the shit a SAHM does. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

audreesmama
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I have two kids, and I have custody of my brother's two. So, there are four children. It's still easier than doing everything and working. My son is 4 months old, so I will be at home until he is at least 6 months, more than likely a year.

Quoting Anonymous:

You have one kid? Of course it's easy.

Quoting audreesmama:

Yep! Being a SAHM is a fucking cakewalk compared to working 60+ hours a week, for salary, and then coming home and doing all the same shit SAHM have all day to do. I'm a SAHM until my son is older, and this is the fucking life!!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Acid
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I wish I could help you.  But, reality says he won't change if he hasn't already.

Men who refuse to help around the house were taught to be that way.  The women that marry those guys think that marriage and kids will change them.  As you have found out, it doesn't. 

The only thing you can do is not do what you do.  Leave everything alone and let him do it.   Maybe he'll understand that it isn't easy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree. A sahm has it made. No deadlines, no traffic...do whatever you want. 

Quoting audreesmama:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Being a Sahm is easy.

Acid
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Only if you chose to spend your life with a fucking loser who doesn't help around the house.

Sorry about that, it must suck for you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Only when the last tree has been cut down,
Only when the last river has been poisoned,
Only when the last fish has been caught,
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten.

— Cree Indian Prophecy

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:11 AM

i work pt so i have the best of both worlds.

i loved being a sah MOM, i hated the cooking and cleaning. lol. i still did it and still do it now.

bekalynne440
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Right! When I had one kid, it was easy. Now I'm taking care of 4 kids under 4. It's no cake walk.

Quoting lalaballet:

I am not trying to be snarky but I am slightly loling at those with one kid saying it is easy and get over it.  It is all relative and not all families are the same so of course no one will understand your exact situation.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured