Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long have you been a CM member? *story on page 4*

Posted by   + Show Post

Only those who have been a member since CM's inception will remember this, I suppose, but I responded to the post about the most memorable moments and the first thing that popped into my head was SuperNick.

I realized how angry I still am to have been taken advantage of and made to believe that woman's delusional story.

Does anyone else remember that travesty?

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (181-185):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Her SN is LiesLiesLies.

Quoting funlovinlady:

You know which story sticks with me the most, the mom who's husband died in a motorcycle accident while he was home on leave. It happened by her house & it all played out on here. I seriously never cry on cm but that had me in tears. I've heard she's back under a different name. I often think about her.

my3littleboys
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM
I remember Super Nick.......how did it ever get founded that she was a fake?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

OP do you remember the big fiasco when a bunch of moms left and created a whole new website? They all had those M&M characters as ther avis for a while.

No!  What was that all about?

Was it part of a Newcomer's Club thing?  lol.  That was always the place to be for the drama. 

I do remember when we were all up in arms about the notion that *gasp* MEN were on CM.  lol.  That was hilarious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:32 PM

This was back when Journals was where it all was. There was a member who  got mad at how the admins handled something and branched off and created her own website. It went well for her until she was busted stealing the money people were donating to get her site going. The whole thing bothered me because it was created out of anger, and hatred, toward cm but she and her friend used cm to advertise it. They would start drama and posts tons of journals about it to create traffic to her site. 

Last time I checked the site hadn't been updated in a while. It went from a forum type site to a blogger site. It looked like the only traffic was from her admin staff. They turned on each other over there for a while. Things got ugly.

I left but a friend of mine kept me updated on what was going on over there. They were assholes to new members. I never understood how they were able to keep the place busy because of how mean they were to new people.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

OP do you remember the big fiasco when a bunch of moms left and created a whole new website? They all had those M&M characters as ther avis for a while.

Was it part of a Newcomer's Club thing?  lol.  That was always the place to be for the drama. 

I do remember when we were all up in arms about the notion that *gasp* MEN were on CM.  lol.  That was hilarious.

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:35 PM

That sounds vaguely familiar.  I do remember a lot of people getting all huffy because of CM locking posts and comments on the journals and such, but many of us just went and formed private groups when that happened.  It's how I met many of my closest CM friends. 

Quoting Anonymous:

This was back when Journals was where it all was. There was a member who  got mad at how the admins handled something and branched off and created her own website. It went well for her until she was busted stealing the money people were donating to get her site going. The whole thing bothered me because it was created out of anger, and hatred, toward cm but she and her friend used cm to advertise it. They would start drama and posts tons of journals about it to create traffic to her site. 

Last time I checked the site hadn't been updated in a while. It went from a forum type site to a blogger site. It looked like the only traffic was from her admin staff. They turned on each other over there for a while. Things got ugly.

I left but a friend of mine kept me updated on what was going on over there. They were assholes to new members. I never understood how they were able to keep the place busy because of how mean they were to new people.

Quoting ErikaRobin:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN