Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How long have you been a CM member? *story on page 4*

Posted by   + Show Post

Only those who have been a member since CM's inception will remember this, I suppose, but I responded to the post about the most memorable moments and the first thing that popped into my head was SuperNick.

I realized how angry I still am to have been taken advantage of and made to believe that woman's delusional story.

Does anyone else remember that travesty?

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
funlovinlady
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I do, vaguely though. I was here from launch, then stupid me deactivated my account and came back after a few weeks lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Weren't you in a group called " Saints and sinners  " ? If so, do you remember the one chick that said she had a brain tumor and she had an alt account that she used to come and let everyone know that her " Friend " had died.

Quoting Lizardannie1966:

I've been a member since November of 2008 with this s/name.

I don't remember THIS particular story but I do remember other ones, particularly a woman who was either terminally ill or was killed in a car accident--and her "friend" came on to tell the members of the group I was in at the time that the woman had died.

The woman was alive, well and the same person as the "friend."

I've seen so many stories like this online in other forums. It pisses you off because you feel betrayed and that you got sucked into someone's sick game.

blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
3 moms liked this
Since Aug 07 :)

I vaguely remember that. I am alot more skeptical than when I first joined. Its digusting that people make up sick twisted stories of their soul mate or child dying or has passed then later find out it was all a lie to get attention. Not something to joke about. I really feel sorry for those people who feel the need to lie about things like that. They must have sad lives.
tyrelsmom
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
Sometime in 2007. I vaguely remember it. I tend not to get emotionally invested.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cmabbott
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this

OMG I remember that awful troll!

shell3m
by Shell on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I've been a member since 08.  I changed my screen name since then.  I've seen so many groups come and go through that time..lol

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting winkyloafer:

Someone let me in on this.

You would have been LIVID.

This was a series of posts about a woman whose son had supposedly had cancer.  She'd go into fabulous detail about what was going on with him every day and we all (well, many of us) became really attached to him and to her story.  There were people looking to get money donated to help their family and after Nick "died" there was a universal CM balloon release, where we were all supposed to let a helium balloon go outside at a certain time with messages for SuperNick.  It was the kindness that got me.  We all were so invested in her case and everyone kind of pulled together around her. 

But she would refuse help.  That, I think is when many people became suspicious.  There were so many facts she had divulged that she couldn't keep them all straight.

Then it came out that it was all fabricated and there WAS no Nick, no AJ (the child she lost months before Nick) and she was just a very unstable individual with a shit ton of time on her hands. 

I don't know what ever became of her. 

Sometimes when I'm alone, I like to Google myself.

If you like my style, follow my blog.  I am Random Ninja - Writer of Wrongs.
Click it.  Share it.  (Tell 'em it's just a cold sore.)

NikiOcasio
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I think I came into cm in June of 2009

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I've been here just short of one year now.

I don't let myself become emotionally invested in online stories. Too many trolls and liars. Then the ones who wear their hearts on their sleeves get upset with people who try to tell them something's not right with a story. Oh well...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cochise
by Dawn on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Since December 17, 2007     its in my account info here on Cafemom 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN