Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this illegal ?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Hello Ladies,

So I have an question my boyfriend and i broke up recently. I had put money in . an account earlier in our relationship. So during our break up i had asked him for my money back and he had refused to give it back. So acouple months ago he payed my phone bill with his bank account and he left that information on my account. So I decided to pay my phone bill again since he refused to return my money. So now he is mad and said i am going to be arrested for identity theft. My question to you is that is true did i do anything illegal by doing this ????

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Even though i charged the amount i put in his account i offered to repay the charge and he told me nope what does that say?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can prove how much money you put in his account and that he refused to give it back, I say not really because that could've been your money you used. Just make sure you can prove he stole money from you. But otherwise yes, you stole money from him. Better get your ducks in a row before the police show up at your door.

Ms.Pink.
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:06 PM
So you're saying the amount of money you put in the account previously was the amount of your cell bill? And yet he's paid the bill before, meaning that money you put in has already gone to paying your bill and you just charged another bill for the hell of it? You are sol dear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Even though i charged the amount i put in his account i offered to repay the charge and he told me nope what does that say?

Quoting Anonymous:

If you can prove how much money you put in his account and that he refused to give it back, I say not really because that could've been your money you used. Just make sure you can prove he stole money from you. But otherwise yes, you stole money from him. Better get your ducks in a row before the police show up at your door.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:42 PM
This..and Also. Trying to repay him shows you knew it was wrong to do but still did it.

Quoting Ms.Pink.:

So you're saying the amount of money you put in the account previously was the amount of your cell bill? And yet he's paid the bill before, meaning that money you put in has already gone to paying your bill and you just charged another bill for the hell of it? You are sol dear.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM

Of course it's illegal

jbirdsladie27
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Wow...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM

So if i rob a bank and get caught can I just offer to give money back so I won't get in trouble?

You need a lawyer

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 5:45 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You paid YOUR bill by taking money from your EX boyfriend's bank account.   Very illegal unless your name was also on the account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM
If someone owes you money you HAVE to follow the law to get it back you CANNOT just take money from their account. He may have her money but she stole from him period. If she wants her money she would have to sue him.
The judge will probably have zero grounds to order him to pay it back. If they lived together, paid bills together, went on dates etc. then joint money cannot be collected just because you broke up. She had no problem with the money being in his account until he broke up with her. She doesn't say how long he had it, if they paid bills together etc. so we don't really know what happened to that money but what she did, illegal/unauthorized use of his account IS illegal regardless.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM
How long ago did you put the money in his account? Did you live together, pay bills together etc? Was the amount you put in equal to your phone bill or more?

Quoting Anonymous:

Hello Ladies,

So I have an question my boyfriend and i broke up recently. I had put money in . an account earlier in our relationship. So during our break up i had asked him for my money back and he had refused to give it back. So acouple months ago he payed my phone bill with his bank account and he left that information on my account. So I decided to pay my phone bill again since he refused to return my money. So now he is mad and said i am going to be arrested for identity theft. My question to you is that is true did i do anything illegal by doing this ????

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Yes it is illegal. If the money was that important you should have taken him to small claims court.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)