Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Invite sister?

Options:

Not invite sister

just not have it at all

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 13

View Results

I have a friend that was married over the summer.  He hubby is currently deployed.  He'll be back about a month after their first anniversary. 

Some friend we planning on throwing an anniversary party/welcome home party. 

Here's the problem.  His sister doesn't like my friend.  The sister still loves the ex-wife. (they divorced because the ex-wife was pregant with someone else's child) So should we invite sister and expect a huge scene, not invite sister and expect a huge scene when she finds out or just not have it

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:46 PM
I wouldn't invite someone who refuses to be apart of my family
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcwife86
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:47 PM

does the wife KNOW you are throwing a welcome home/anniversary party?

VannaMae307
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:48 PM

hubby's sister doesn't like his wife, but husband's sister likes the ex-wife? am I correct on this?

I don't understand why you would invite the ex-wife if the party is for the husband, not his sister (when she has a party, she can invite her friends, but its not for her, it's for him). Invite the wife, invite the sister, invite the husband, leave out the ex wife.

If I didn't comprehend that right then...disregard.

edit: I think I got that totally wrong but it took a while to type and I'm just going to let someone explain it to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:53 PM

So knows we're having a BBQ, that's it.  We asked her who she wanted there and she said family.

Quoting mcwife86:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting VannaMae307:

hubby's sister doesn't like his wife, but husband's sister likes the ex-wife? am I correct on this?

I don't understand why you would invite the ex-wife if the party is for the husband, not his sister (when she has a party, she can invite her friends, but its not for her, it's for him). Invite the wife, invite the sister, invite the husband, leave out the ex wife.

If I didn't comprehend that right then...disregard.

edit: I think I got that totally wrong but it took a while to type and I'm just going to let someone explain it to me.

Hubby's sister doesn't like my friend (the new wife), but loves the ex-wife.  The ex is not invited, tyring to decide what to do about the sister.  Does that make sense now?

mcwife86
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM

id leave it up to her then. say ' do you want me to invite so and so' if she says yes then cool if not then cool too. its up to her and him since its a part for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

So knows we're having a BBQ, that's it.  We asked her who she wanted there and she said family.

Quoting mcwife86:

model1000mom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That is a hard one...I know she is the sister but if she truely hates the new wife (your friend) then why invite her....hummm personally I wouldnt invite her.

EDIT: Mcwife above has a good idea....leave it up to the friend to say yea or nay.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:00 PM

If she hates the new wife, no she does not need to come if she cannot be a mature adult and behave appropriately. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Quoting mcwife86:

id leave it up to her then. say ' do you want me to invite so and so' if she says yes then cool if not then cool too. its up to her and him since its a part for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcwife86:

We asked her (and him) and both have said that they don't want to deal with her drama, but if  she is invited there will be drama because she doesn't like the new wife.  If she isn't invited there will be drama because no one loves her enough to invite her to her brothers party. UGH!!

wumbo
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Don't invite her, enjoy the time without her there, and tell her to stop being such a bitch and maybe she'll be involved in things more often. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)