Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Dh and I just broke up...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 116 Replies

So, about four-ish years ago, Dh and I had just moved to a new city, and I ended up cheating on him with my managaer at work. It took me months to actually get up the nerve to tell him. I didnt have sex with the guy though. I showed him my boobs about ten times in the walk in freezer and he kissed my neck a few times too. I kissed him once, but it felt wrong and I didnt ever do it again.

Well, we were engaged at the time, and we got married last year in January. Our anniversary just passed two days ago actually. Well, he said he was going to hang out with a group of friends last night after work, which he always does anyway.

Hes a really big bar kind of guy. We have a one year old dd so I never go out. Plus, Im pregnant and about 13 1/2 weeks along.

He never answered my calls or texts. He showed up this morning and I was taking the dog outside to go potty and I saw him pull up and there was a girl in his car sitting in the passenger seat. I knew something was up right away because hes not the cheating type of guy, ever.

So, he said we need to talk. We went into the garage and he said that he did a lot of talking last night and hes tired of being unhappy and that he hopes we can still be friends. I just stood there and cried. I know its my fault that all of this is happening, He has told me over the years that he has forgiven me but I know ever since then its been completely different. It felt extremely forced and I wasnt happy either. Its just shocking that its actually happened.

What am I supposed to do with the babay we are pregnant with? I want to have it, but I dont want to have no daddy around. Or a stepmom for both my kids. I hate the thought that my kids will be coming from a broken home.

I am just sitting here crying and Im not sure what Im supposed to do. Im glad my dd is only one so she doesnt know what is happening right away.

This hurts.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

:'( divorce is hard but you will survive. Just keep your head up and do whats best for you and your children.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Thank you for responding.

I told him he has work and friends and apparently a new gf too. It hurt to see a prettier girl than me that hed rather hang out with all night.

I kinda saw this coming for a long time, but it hurts so much.

Quoting brettsmomma:

:'( divorce is hard but you will survive. Just keep your head up and do whats best for you and your children.

LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm so sorry sweetie. You will get through it, everything happens for a reason. It's not to say you won't get back together. Just remember, not matter what, you will be okay. 

*Hugs*

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Thank you. I didnt think it would hurt this much.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

I'm so sorry sweetie. You will get through it, everything happens for a reason. It's not to say you won't get back together. Just remember, not matter what, you will be okay. 

*Hugs*

eyeheartsin
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I'm sorry :( wishing you all the best and you'll find happiness and peace
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMommy24
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:23 PM

You're welcome. I understand, I don't really have any advice to give you. All I can say is if I were in your shoes, I'd let him go and figure out my life from here on out. If he comes back and wants to fix it, it's up to you. I would be willing to bet once you have that baby he's going to be re-thinking a lot of things. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I didnt think it would hurt this much.

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

*Hugs*

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
12 moms liked this
I'd tell his ass that's totally unfair. If you're unhappy, do something to fix it! Just because he talked with some girl all night does not mean she will/can make him happy. Pretty shitty to throw away a marriage for one night of talking.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
In some states if the wife is pregnant they wont allow a divorce, they will require counsleing etc first. Which honestly you guys could benifit from.
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
2 moms liked this

*hugs* Be strong for your kids. Don't focus on the what-ifs, worry about healing first.

(And file for custody Monday morning at 8 am, because generally if you don't file first you are screwed)

layawatling
by Laya on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:24 PM
6 moms liked this
He showed up with his mistress? Am I reading that right?

Shit would be flying with me....his shit. Out the door.

You shouldn't have did what you did either...Jesus, what a situation. Smh.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)