Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just spanked my 2 year old.. and I don't care if you like it or not!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He bangs his head into anyone if he doesn't get his way.. Well He split my lip wide open. I sat him on the Floor to finish throwing his fit. And get a cold wet washcloth for my lips. Well as I came out of the bathroom I saw my fit thrower reach over and for no reason bite my other sons ankle and through the sick I saw blood flowing.

That was the straw that broke this momma's back. I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked his bare ass!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Replies (131-140):
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Horrible for sure but normal for toddlers to bite.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

Drawing blood? Is that normal bc that just seems horrible to me.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I have dealt w/ toddlers for 20yrs.  It is very normal for a child to bite or get extremly frustrated when they don't get there way.  It is 100% normal and age appropriate behavior.

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

I didn't say it's 100 percent disability, it's a chance tho. I've never heard of a child being so violent and not havin some issue, or like I said he's seeing this violence elsewhere. And yeah I have three toddlers so I know tantrums are normal but ie never seen a toddler without some problem acting out sO violently and shouldn't be treated as a "normal" situation

Quoting fullxbusymom:

Yes because 2yr olds don't throw tantrums and it isn't completely 100% normal, so there must be a mental disability. *smh*

Quoting BlessedBeX3:

I think u may need to check it if he has any mental disabilities that causes him to be so violent from anger. Unless this behavior is being displayed around him.

MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Trollcat :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Btw i was being sarcastic.

Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. now he knows when people do things wrong in real life and you dont like it or you think it is wrong you can use violence. bc violence is the solution. so glad we have parents like you. to teach our kids to hit people when they do bad things..

Mamasomedaysoon
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Wow he had it coming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I would have done the same thing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I spank but no bare ass. Only on diaper or hand and he's 2.5
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Why two year olds get agressive

There you are, watching your little angel on the playground, thinking how blessed you are to have him.  All of a sudden, he draws back his dimpled little hand - and whacks another child squarely in the nose.

Shocking as it may seem to you (and other parents at the playground), aggression is a normal part of your child's development.  Primitive language skills, a fierce desire to become independent, and impulsiveness make kids this age prime canidates for getting physical. Some degree of biting and hitting are completely normal because 2yr olds are so focused on me and mine. 

Nadine Block

executive director of the Center for Effective Discipline in Columbus, OH

SweetandSassy12
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Oh belive me "My Parenting" dose work I have a very well behaved dd to prove it ! Im not bashing her for her choice on how to parent (if it worked for her great )but imo I could spank my child and guess what? Nine times outta ten she would be doing the same thing that I just spanked her for ten seconds later! The days of "go get your switch " are long gone !

Quoting Anonymous:

Back in the day when the number one punishment was "go pick your switch" you didn't have kids disrespecting their parents or shooting up schools. Spanking does work its parents like you that "don't work"

Quoting SweetandSassy12:

SPANKING DOSNT WORK ..and when he starts hitting back dont be suprised...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM
I never understand the mentality that we should teach our children it's bad to be physical by getting physical with them....
MissMoonlight
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Sounds like someone lost control of their child. Shame on you for letting it get so bad!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)