Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just spanked my 2 year old.. and I don't care if you like it or not!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He bangs his head into anyone if he doesn't get his way.. Well He split my lip wide open. I sat him on the Floor to finish throwing his fit. And get a cold wet washcloth for my lips. Well as I came out of the bathroom I saw my fit thrower reach over and for no reason bite my other sons ankle and through the sick I saw blood flowing.

That was the straw that broke this momma's back. I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked his bare ass!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Replies (141-150):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Ugh. I can't believe how many people agree with physically punishing a child.

You are aware that at 2 years of age, your child's behavior may actually be a result of an inability to verbally express thoughts and feelings, right?

Oh, and your child's behavior is also likely based on your behavior. Ya know, what YOU do. So, if you are angry with your child's inappropriate behaviors consider what behaviors you are modeling.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM
If i bite my neighbor I'll go to jail. so next time my kid bites me i'll call the police and throw him in jail right???

Quoting Anonymous:

He resorts to violence when unhappy, wonder where he got that?

How exactly does it make sense to punish violence for violent behavior? If you don't like the word violent replace that with physical, I know how people like to label spanking/hitting with other words to justify the behavior.

He was unhappy, he displayed his unhappiness by lashing out. You did the exact same thing. He is wrong because??? He is little? He is young? If you're right then how is he wrong? Makes no sense!

As his mother hurting him should NEVER be your reaction! How do so many people do this?

If you're unhappy with a neighbor, co worker, your spouse etc. do you spank them into submission? No, that would be a crime but hey, hitting a baby is a okay according to so many. Shouldn't you be teaching him positive behavior with real life consequences instead of hitting your child into compliance?

Quoting Anonymous:

He bangs his head into anyone if he doesn't get his way.. Well He split my lip wide open. I sat him on the Floor to finish throwing his fit. And get a cold wet washcloth for my lips. Well as I came out of the bathroom I saw my fit thrower reach over and for no reason bite my other sons ankle and through the sick I saw blood flowing.

That was the straw that broke this momma's back. I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked his bare ass!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:53 PM
What did all the sancto mommies go to bed early?
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM

No jail for the babe - a kid appropriate version of it... otherwise known a "time out". Sure you've heard of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

If i bite my neighbor I'll go to jail. so next time my kid bites me i'll call the police and throw him in jail right???

Quoting Anonymous:

How exactly does it make sense to punish violence for violent behavior? If you don't like the word violent replace that with physical, I know how people like to label spanking/hitting with other words to justify the behavior.

He was unhappy, he displayed his unhappiness by lashing out. You did the exact same thing. He is wrong because??? He is little? He is young? If you're right then how is he wrong? Makes no sense!

As his mother hurting him should NEVER be your reaction! How do so many people do this?

If you're unhappy with a neighbor, co worker, your spouse etc. do you spank them into submission? No, that would be a crime but hey, hitting a baby is a okay according to so many. Shouldn't you be teaching him positive behavior with real life consequences instead of hitting your child into compliance?

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Wire hanger?! No way! Use a wooden spoon! Whenever I saw my mom coming with that thing I knew I was in trouble. My mom broke one of those on my ass when I was a wee one. LOL

Quoting thetrollcat:

no wire hangers?

tsk tsk

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:08 PM
There is a reason by law a minor cannot be charged like an adult can so, no, your two yr old will not go to jail. Nice try at a ridiculous comparison. If you can control yourself long enough to have an adult, civil conversation about your unhappiness then why not control yourself long enough to be civil to a child??

Children's brains are still developing, they are learning the tools necessary to avoid and/or deal with conflict and (sadly for some kids) they learn what the they live.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM
Yes I've heard of it, and I use it.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

No jail for the babe - a kid appropriate version of it... otherwise known a "time out". Sure you've heard of it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM
It's called an opinion and yes I teach my kids to have them. My first two are almost adults, awesome ones at that! My younger two are just as awesome and yes, I do consider myself a better mother. I don't hit my kids so by default I am better. Am I perfect? Nope! Better than a mother that teaches her kid physical violence then punishes said kid for being physical! The proof is in how my children behave and the fantastic men they have become.
There is an amazing result to parenting kids in a way that their own parent, the very adult they trust to care for them, disciplines them in a way that is not physically painful. In a way that they learn to deal with others in the real world where physical violence isn't permitted! I don't expect everyone to know that result, sadly!
Oh and FYI, YOU are judging me, what are you teaching YOUR children?

Quoting CountryLayne:

And you are judgemental. I suppose that makes you a better mother? What are you teaching your children?

Quoting Anonymous:

You need some serious help! Your poor kids!

You don't care what I think because you don't have any answer other than you hit your kid in anger for hitting in anger. Makes total sense!

Good parents correct their wrongs, lead by example and grow. None of which you seem to want to do and that is sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You can save it. Not only did it work. But I don't give a rip what you think

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM
I meant it to be ridiculous.& my children &I are very happy. I am civil with my children, & i don't feel they are learning anything harmful. they don't bite or hit.

Quoting Anonymous:

There is a reason by law a minor cannot be charged like an adult can so, no, your two yr old will not go to jail. Nice try at a ridiculous comparison. If you can control yourself long enough to have an adult, civil conversation about your unhappiness then why not control yourself long enough to be civil to a child??

Children's brains are still developing, they are learning the tools necessary to avoid and/or deal with conflict and (sadly for some kids) they learn what the they live.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Good for you. 

I fear for a generation of kids that get away with this crap. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)