Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just spanked my 2 year old.. and I don't care if you like it or not!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
He bangs his head into anyone if he doesn't get his way.. Well He split my lip wide open. I sat him on the Floor to finish throwing his fit. And get a cold wet washcloth for my lips. Well as I came out of the bathroom I saw my fit thrower reach over and for no reason bite my other sons ankle and through the sick I saw blood flowing.

That was the straw that broke this momma's back. I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked his bare ass!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 3:56 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Good for you. Leave any marks?

Nope. No marks. His hiney was red at the time.. But all is normal now. ;-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:45 PM

I would have done the same thing too. Actually, I would have done it as soon as he split my lip. Maybe it would have prevented the other incident or maybe not.. Never know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Well gee whiz, I wonder where he gets his violent tendencies from?
428pm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:47 PM

On the fence with this one.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:48 PM
3 moms liked this
He resorts to violence when unhappy, wonder where he got that?

How exactly does it make sense to punish violence for violent behavior? If you don't like the word violent replace that with physical, I know how people like to label spanking/hitting with other words to justify the behavior.

He was unhappy, he displayed his unhappiness by lashing out. You did the exact same thing. He is wrong because??? He is little? He is young? If you're right then how is he wrong? Makes no sense!

As his mother hurting him should NEVER be your reaction! How do so many people do this?

If you're unhappy with a neighbor, co worker, your spouse etc. do you spank them into submission? No, that would be a crime but hey, hitting a baby is a okay according to so many. Shouldn't you be teaching him positive behavior with real life consequences instead of hitting your child into compliance?

Quoting Anonymous:

He bangs his head into anyone if he doesn't get his way.. Well He split my lip wide open. I sat him on the Floor to finish throwing his fit. And get a cold wet washcloth for my lips. Well as I came out of the bathroom I saw my fit thrower reach over and for no reason bite my other sons ankle and through the sick I saw blood flowing.

That was the straw that broke this momma's back. I grabbed him and put him over my knee and spanked his bare ass!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
malexander2009
by Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Sounds about right. I will put the twins in the play pen or in bed when DS is throwing a similar fit to that. Yeah I do spank for the same reasons so don't feel bad there are still parents out there that know the difference between swats and abuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You can save it. Not only did it work. But I don't give a rip what you think
Anonymous
by Anonymous 18 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
You need some serious help! Your poor kids!
You don't care what I think because you don't have any answer other than you hit your kid in anger for hitting in anger. Makes total sense!
Good parents correct their wrongs, lead by example and grow. None of which you seem to want to do and that is sad!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

You can save it. Not only did it work. But I don't give a rip what you think
Charmedby3
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Yea kinda how I feel about this!

Quoting LucyHarper:

And then you come on here to brag about it. Very mature. Spanking is okay if done calmly for the right reasons, but you did it out of anger and now are bragging about it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:37 PM
I would have too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)