Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

my son has NO filter. so embarrassing!!! *edit for perfect parents*

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 273 Replies
5 moms liked this

Today we took the ferret on her leash with us to the pet store.  It's a big department store style pet store and people are encouraged to bring their pets along.

So, we are strolling through letting Buffy check things out and quite a few people stopped to say hello.  

One man came up to us who was dishevelled and smelled VERY bad.

I was polite and just hoped he's move on.  He did but as he was walking away my son LOUDLY proclaimed "mommy that man smelled really bad like cat pee!"

Oh dear! I shushed my son and he just said "But he does! He really smells bad!!"

At this point my ferret decided this was the perfect time to pull down an entire row of sweaters off a display and as I was dealing with that, the man turned around.

He came back and said, "I smell? well, at least now I know!"

I just about DIED!

edit for clarification

My son is 7yrs old and has RAD, so his social interactions are less mature.

Reactive attachment disorder (RAD) is described in clinical literature as a severe and relatively uncommon disorder that can affect children. RAD is characterized by markedly disturbed and developmentally inappropriate ways of relating socially in most contexts. It can take the form of a persistent failure to initiate or respond to most social interactions in a developmentally appropriate way—known as the "inhibited form"—or can present itself as indiscriminate sociability, such as excessive familiarity with relative strangers—known as the "disinhibited form". (from wiki) 

*an edit for all those perfect mothers whose children are oh so perfect and assume he was not corrected on his misbehaviour*

My son was corrected on his behaviour.  He is learning how to behave and react to situations in public and how to correctly relate to people.  His special needs do not excuse bad manners, but his special needs to make it harder and take longer to learn.  I have a realistic understanding that at times kids with special needs such as his do not act appropriately in public or age appropriatly.  That doesn't mean I have stopped parenting him.  Walk a mile in someone else's shows before you judge.

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh God.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
nancym3
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
How old is your son?
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Oh goodness.. 

428pm
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:48 PM

he's 7

Quoting nancym3:

How old is your son?

lowencope
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bknotnobody
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Oh no lol
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Omg ... Well at least he knows :-/ 

nancym3
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Oh dang. He should know better. Lol. I was thinking 3 or so.

Quoting 428pm:

he's 7

Quoting nancym3:

How old is your son?

Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Quoting 428pm:

he's 7

Quoting nancym3:

How old is your son?

Yeah, he's really too old to be doing that kind of thing.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:49 PM
5 moms liked this
OMG! He said well now I know! That means he's been around the smell for so long he's use to it! Which means his house is a mess and smells! Gross!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)