Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

s/o of claiming to be christian

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 62 Replies
1 mom liked this

anyone ever notice many born again christians are either recovering addicts or ex cons?

kinda reminds me of a cult when you think about it. charismatic leaders appealing to those with who are down on their luck (weither it be through mental illness, addiction, loss, abuse ect) and turning them to believe that only their beliefs are the right beliefs. just sayin.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I don't notice that. I've never been on illegal drugs/alcohol of any kind.

BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM
I have noticed that.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:55 PM
2 moms liked this

that is just not entirely true. some of them were also previous whores

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:56 PM

My sister is a "born again" Christian but she still does a lot of drugs.. She bashes me every time I tell her I don't believe in heaven or hell. According to her, anyone who believes otherwise has lost their faith.

Sekirei
by LoKitty on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Nah.. I know plenty who are born again and have not dirtied their bodies in that way

however, most of them are buttfuck crazy

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I was never an addict or a convict.

And why can't it be that people are down on their "luck" (if you want to call it that) and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel?  Also, a person doesn't simply "turn them to believe," the choice belongs to the individual alone.  No one can talk them into it because in the end, the decision is theirs.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

what does the s/o mean?  

most addicts & ex-cons call themselves born again because of the process they go through to clean themselves up or to get better.  They have recommitted their lives to Christ & accepted him as their savior.  Everyone else has always considered him their savior, and didn't go through any horrible thing that made them have to be "born again".   

That's the point of some of the drug programs & prison programs, to get those people to accept Christ and turn their life around. 

You  may not agree with those beliefs but it's better than be a criminal, drug addict, convict, alcoholic and whatnot. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I think that it is people who realize they want a better life and anyone can be an excon or recovering addict, think about it... Anyone who realizes that they need to cut back on something or anyone who realizes that if they were caught they would have been in trouble... is no better than some one who was caught or needed assistance to stop.

I think that we as a society are way too harsh on people who pull off petty crimes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM

almost all aa or na meetings are heald at some type of church, in those meetings god is the basis. even in jail from what i understand they press god. most recovery groups are run by very devout christians as well. and when you go through recovery, they force you to attend said groups run by very devout christians forcing god on to these people reguardless of those peoples personal beliefs. they do it in jail and even juvie (never been in any of them myself but know many who have gone through it.)

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

I don't notice that. I've never been on illegal drugs/alcohol of any kind.

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM
The Twelve Steps revolve around Christianity, so yeah.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)