Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is MIL crazy or am I just closed minded?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

So I was talking to MIL and telling her how we were about to get a infant car seat and stroller combo for my son who is being born on the 21st. She said well we have a stoller here, it is a really really old one that is not good to put an infant in with out the car seat attachment. I asked her if she had a car seat attachment and she said no, so I told her I would feel better about just buying him one. We have things left over from the other kids but not that so were going to buy one, I don't see the issue here. We are only spending 230$. Anyways she said well you could just put the infant in the stroller and but a bunch of blankets around him to keep him secure and lay him in there sideways... I don't like that idea, does that sounds like a good idea to you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

no. Its your child do what you want. I just nod and pretend to listen then do what I want anyways in these situations :)

Photo: -Randi.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM

OK, so best to always assume that MIL is crazy hahaha however we have done that with lots of baby appliances as we had a preemie and had no other option also many kids before yours has been stuffed in with blankets However, If you can affor new and it is something you will fully utilize then get whatever you want!!

samanthastaatss
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh jeez. Old fashioned MILs... Honestly to me, that sounds like an accident waiting to happen. 

twinners.mama
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:13 PM
So she's telling you how unsafe it is...but telling you to use it anyways??? Ummm..no she's crazy. Get the seat and stroller you want and feel confident in. And watch her if she babysits...I bet she uses that stroller.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Travel systems are so cheap these days... if you want to buy one, what business is it of hers anyway?

"Oops, we got one as a gift, but the trash company could use your old stroller!"

lovelyladybump
by Tasha on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Lol she admits it isn't safe & then tells you that you should use it anyway? Seems a little crazy to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Chan_Brawner88
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly! The rules and safety has changed a lot since her mom days.

Quoting twinners.mama:

So she's telling you how unsafe it is...but telling you to use it anyways??? Ummm..no she's crazy. Get the seat and stroller you want and feel confident in. And watch her if she babysits...I bet she uses that stroller.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Buy it new. I never let my kiddos use a used stroller or car seat even if I was broke.

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

You're not wrong for wanting one that is safe for your child.

(BBC=mrscorbin924)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Nah, she may be trying to save you money but if you're not apply or comfortable than ont.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN