Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im just curious...... How many of you moms work under the table? If so, what do you do and how much do you get paid?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I have a custom order shop online...I knit dolls from home, and I make about $500 a month.

Caitlinsmom09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I worked under the table when i was 14 because i wasnt legally old enough to work.
I was a waitress and got paid $2 an hour plus whatever i got in tips.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:24 PM

i was doing accounting for a start up company, i was making $25 an hour, cash

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:26 PM

If you were to get caught not paying taxes, would you get into trouble?? I mean, do you even have to pay taxes when you sell homemade items online?? If so, that is stupid b/c people dont have to pay taxes when they sell shit on ebay, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a custom order shop online...I knit dolls from home, and I make about $500 a month.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I babysit for $2 an hour
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Yeah it's not enough to require taxes, and it's homemade so I'm good :)  WISH I could say I make so much money it was causing problems but alas.....

Quoting Anonymous:

If you were to get caught not paying taxes, would you get into trouble?? I mean, do you even have to pay taxes when you sell homemade items online?? If so, that is stupid b/c people dont have to pay taxes when they sell shit on ebay, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Wow, that is great money! How long were you able to work for them and how did you find the job?

This may sound ignorant, but when you say "start up" company, do you mean a company that is just starting out?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I work from home, but I pay taxes on what I make.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Daaannng........ lol,       Why so cheap? Hopefully you are really close to the parents and are not doing it for the $.

Quoting Anonymous:

I babysit for $2 an hour

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 7:31 PM

yes, the company just started out.  my DH does work for them (legitimately) through his firm, and they were looking for someone temporary before they hired someone onsite (they were located in a different state) i worked for them for about 3 months... i put in maybe 10 hours a week.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wow, that is great money! How long were you able to work for them and how did you find the job?

This may sound ingnorant, but when you say "start up" company, do you mean a company that is just starting out?

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)