Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do i find him or no?

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
  • 5 Replies

so my mom told me a few months ago that my brother thinks the wrong man is his dad. she hasnt seen my brothers dad in about 15 years (since before my brother was bron). My mother has lied since before he was born about who his father was (to both my brother and the man she was with).

see, my mom cheated on the man she was with and conceived my brother with another man but wanted to cover her butt. the man my mother claims is the father has said since day one that he wasnt the father.

she wanted me to find the real father. i tried but had no luck.

since then my mom and i have lost communication due to a different issue. she doesnt want my brother to know who his real dad is. why? is beyond me.

should i still try to find him. i have no intentions to start drama and tell my brother. i just want to be able to answer any questions he may have in the future if my mother does decide to tell him the truth.

so i guess my question is should i continue trying to find him or let it go?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM

1-866-99-MAURY

rhope4
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM
How old is your brother?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beautiful.GIRL1
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Quoting rhope4:

How old is your brother?

TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:13 AM

your brother has a right to know.  your mom is being selfish and needs to let go of the lie. 

if it was me, i would go ahead and keep looking for him.  that way, when she does decide to grow up, you have it right there on hand.  me though, i'd go behind her back and tell my brother the truth.  

MomLuvsTnkrbell
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:21 AM
I would keep trying. What if some day he really needs medical history? He sure has a right to know.

My exdh did not know a thing about his father, not even his name. At 18 his mom told him just his first name. We found him, and once exdh saw a picture of him he was satisfied. He decided to let it be, but he had that option open because we found him even with only his first name and the city his mom last knew him living in.

Good luck if you do decide to keep looking.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)