Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

stretch marks :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies

I have two beautiful boys and im pregnant with my 3rd. i love my children to the moon and back. but there is one thing i struggle with greatly.... stretch marks :( my body looks like a deflated balloon. i hate looking in the mirror or lettting my husband see me naked. he always wants me to try to be sexy and i just feel so ugly. im in my early 20's and its so hard to look like this. am i alone? does anyone have any good tips for preventing or getting rid of these marks on my boobs belly and hips 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Shea butter! Cocoa butter! Slather it on.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I am almost 24 and have three kids. Three pregnancies and a ton of weight gain gave me a zillion stretch marks. They won't ever go away, but with time and certain creams/lotions can help them fade and smooth. You just have to learn to love your self.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
banana-bear
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:51 PM
It sucks but you have to get over it. He's with you for a reason. Learn to love yourself.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 PM

I think sometimes genetics may have something to do with it BUT not all the time.

My mom has 2 kids and has a "road map" on her stomach. I had 7 and have NO Stretch Marks. I used gallons (literally) of Cocoa Butter every single night from  my shoulders to my knees. My mom didn't. My Doctor said I had the best "elasticity" in my skin that he has ever seen.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I feel the same way. It sucks.
Cynthje
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I don't have them at all, neither do my sisters. I think its more bad luck really. Make sure to moisturise the skin well but there isn't much else you can do :(

samiam2919
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:56 PM
They never actually "go away", but over time they'll fade. I've tried most stretch mark products on the market & none of them worked for me.
mom_3.0
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM
5 moms liked this
Myth.

Quoting Anonymous:

Shea butter! Cocoa butter! Slather it on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
batmansgirl
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Stretch marks don't go away, they do fade in color. Almost every grown woman has them. Honestly your husband won't notice them he'll be to busy focusing on your "assets."

LucyHourglass
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:59 PM

this. i'm 20 and only have one kid, but he did a number on me. i'm part irish and my skin is porcelain white, so boy did i get the worst case of stretchmarks ever, i tried everything too, nothing works really. all you can do is look in the mirror and say "these are my momma marks and i am PROUD to have them!"

Quoting Anonymous:

I am almost 24 and have three kids. Three pregnancies and a ton of weight gain gave me a zillion stretch marks. They won't ever go away, but with time and certain creams/lotions can help them fade and smooth. You just have to learn to love your self.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Non-vaccinating, breastfeeding, babywearing, co-sleeping, cloth diapering, attachment parenting, anti-CIO,  crunchy momma of one happy little baby boy. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN