Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking lessons.. by my sons pediatrician :-) Edited:-)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My children have a very well known pediatric physician.. He was last year awarded the "Pediatric Doctor of the Year"
He makes house calls and on occasion can be seen in the office giving a young mother or father a lesson in proper body mechanics for a "Good Healthy Spanking" As a Matter of a fact he will not prescribe ADD/ADHD medicines.. He says in most cases a good spanking session will cure anything wrong with the connection between hearing and obeying!

I love my Childrens doctor. He is an old fashioned doctor..with old fashioned ways.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (151-157):
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Excellent!!  Thank you for letting me know.  Like I said, I just couldn't find anything.  :) 

Quoting Anonymous:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2012/7/18/230546/Childrens-Hospital-At-Erlanger-Medical.aspx

They have pediatrician of the year by state here's one that i found...

Quoting zoo003:

I cannot find anything online about a 2012 Pediatric Doctor of the Year award (and I have tried numerous searches).  You would think that a prestigious award of that nature, although not immediately known by everyone, would be simple to find in an online search.  However, there is nothing.  I just find this interesting.  How did you find out that he received this Pediatric Doctor of the Year award?  Was it publicized, or was it something that he told you? 

zoo003
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Interesting.  I am not familiar with this book.  I am going to go Google it now.  Do you think the title of Pediatric Doctor of the Year came from the book or the OP's story? (not to say OP's story is made up, but as many of us have learned, sometimes on cm it happens)   

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting zoo003:

I cannot find anything online about a 2012 Pediatric Doctor of the Year award (and I have tried numerous searches).  You would think that a prestigious award of that nature, although not immediately known by everyone, would be simple to find in an online search.  However, there is nothing.  I just find this interesting.  How did you find out that he received this Pediatric Doctor of the Year award?  Was it publicized, or was it something that he told you? 

I think she got it from the pre-teen book The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

An exerpt from the book is literally the only place on the internet other than this question where "pediatric doctor of the year" appears.

Quoting zoo003:

Interesting.  I am not familiar with this book.  I am going to go Google it now.  Do you think the title of Pediatric Doctor of the Year came from the book or the OP's story? (not to say OP's story is made up, but as many of us have learned, sometimes on cm it happens)   

Quoting sha_lyn68:

Quoting zoo003:

I think she got it from the pre-teen book The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elzingah36:

Several of the other women have found examples of these awards..

No, they gave examples of Pediatrician of the year. The only place that Pediatric Physician of the Year exists is in fiction (the question and a pre-teen book).

sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting disneymom2two:

Quoting edelweiss23:

My father is a well known peditrician, and says he has never heard of the American Academy of pediatrics "dr of the year" award. Anything other then the American Academy of Pediatrics(and other countries equivalent) are totally null and void in my book.

He actually snorted when I asked.

Troll fail!!!!

It seems some chapters do have pediatricians of the year.  I found this when I was googling 2012 pediatrican of the year - "The Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has named XXXXXX Associate Director of XXXXXXX  its “Pediatrician of the Year.”

This prestigious award is given annually to a Pennsylvania Fellow of the AAP who exemplifies the ideals of the pediatric profession and participates in the type of activities that are the foundation of the AAP."  

I took out the guy's name because I have no clue where the OP lives and I didn't want anyone think that I was saying this guy advocates hitting children.  I'm just simply showing that chapters of the AAP do give a pediatrician of the year award.

The OP didn't say pediatrician of the year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
Or they have a behavioral disorder like Asperger's, ADD, or just like pain. My son would purposely ride his bike into things just to feel the pain.
He would laugh at my now ex when he spanked him. And my ex was abusive, his spankings would leave bruises. So, no, some children just don't respond to spanking. And some don't respond to time outs. Each child is different. My daughter only needed the threat of a spanking and she straightened up.

Quoting Anonymous:

If a child laughs at you when you spank them, you're not doing it right.

Quoting Anonymous:

Spanking never worked for my son. He would just laugh at someone that spanked him. Taking his stuff away, now that worked.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I wish more peds were for spanking. As a person with ADD, I didn't need spankings or medication.

Why does it matter if they are for spanking or against?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)