Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking lessons.. by my sons pediatrician :-) Edited:-)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My children have a very well known pediatric physician.. He was last year awarded the "Pediatric Doctor of the Year"
He makes house calls and on occasion can be seen in the office giving a young mother or father a lesson in proper body mechanics for a "Good Healthy Spanking" As a Matter of a fact he will not prescribe ADD/ADHD medicines.. He says in most cases a good spanking session will cure anything wrong with the connection between hearing and obeying!

I love my Childrens doctor. He is an old fashioned doctor..with old fashioned ways.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
sha_lyn68
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:17 PM
3 moms liked this

BTW: I did a search for "pediatric doctor of the year" and the phrase literally only exists in this question and in the book The secret society of the pink crystal ball

LoveMyLos
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM

he sounds like a tool. but ok! glad he has everyone else fooled.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:18 PM
Please elaborate.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I wish more peds were for spanking. As a person with ADD, I didn't need spankings or medication.

daytonbaby210
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM

pediatrician of the year. I find that a little surprising considering most do not approve of spanking

helema24
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

and what if there is really something wrong with the child?

power bitch slap internetMuslim Cat prays towards Mecca. LoL by: wirgylovesamletoandshayaprofessor cat. replySPOCK'S MILKSHAKE[]

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Spanking never worked for my son. He would just laugh at someone that spanked him. Taking his stuff away, now that worked.

TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Omg your doctor needs to get his head checked
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I wish more peds were for spanking. As a person with ADD, I didn't need spankings or medication.

As a clinical therapist working with children, the idea that pediatricians should encourage physical discipline of children when all of the reputable research in the field of healthy child development indicates otherwise is uninformed and foolish.

NavyMom1982
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM

It's one thing spanking your child to get them to listen and get them to straighten the heck up AND it's ANOTHER BEATING YOUR CHILD SENSELESS!! I got beatings growing up and you know what... I think GOD I got them because it made me think twice about making stupid decisions....  You all disagree with this statement now.. But wait ten/twenty years from now when your kid is beating you or disrespecting you and have no idea why... embarrassed

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

what is his name, this seems very unlikely given that The American Academy of Peddistricts does not enforce spanking. I am a clinical therapist working with children in schools and within a large community mental health center, I would very quickly lose my professional license if I behaved this way.

They don't enforce ALOT of things. But that doesn't keep some privately owned practices from having additional or differing views and services. Shoot on the weekends one local doctor freelancers in REIKI HEALING.. WHICH IS ALSO NOT SUPPOSEDLY BACKED BY THE ADS.. OR OTHER MEDICAL GROUPS
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN