Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Spanking lessons.. by my sons pediatrician :-) Edited:-)

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My children have a very well known pediatric physician.. He was last year awarded the "Pediatric Doctor of the Year"
He makes house calls and on occasion can be seen in the office giving a young mother or father a lesson in proper body mechanics for a "Good Healthy Spanking" As a Matter of a fact he will not prescribe ADD/ADHD medicines.. He says in most cases a good spanking session will cure anything wrong with the connection between hearing and obeying!

I love my Childrens doctor. He is an old fashioned doctor..with old fashioned ways.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Replies (41-50):
mcclainprincess
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:23 PM
First of all spanking should be used as a last resort when disciplining a child. And proper body mechanics? Please let me know what child he has been spanking who will hold still enough for this to come into play. You make it sound as if his entire practice revolves around "spankings"

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mcclainprincess:

I spank my son.. But this just sounds pervy...

Why?

He gives instructional side to parents. He doesn't administer them!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Lol.

I figured this'd stir up the sanctimommies.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM

I'm fairly certain I know who that is.  I agree with a lot of his methods.  But to never prescribe meds for ADHD...well, there are some kids who need it.  But I'm not going to start that debate here. 

staceysgorbach
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:25 PM
This has to be a joke. A doctor not believing in add/adhd?/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

So does he give you a nice little spank too while he's there?

MorganTho
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:26 PM
3 moms liked this
So he just beats the ADD or ADHD out of them?.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Huh. I was never spanked as a child and I never beat on my parents. Imagine that.

Quoting NavyMom1982:

It's one thing spanking your child to get them to listen and get them to straighten the heck up AND it's ANOTHER BEATING YOUR CHILD SENSELESS!! I got beatings growing up and you know what... I think GOD I got them because it made me think twice about making stupid decisions....  You all disagree with this statement now.. But wait ten/twenty years from now when your kid is beating you or disrespecting you and have no idea why... embarrassed

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Well you know before spanking was so taboo it was encouraged. Now I don't spank my kids for every little thing but I'm NOT afraid to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

I wish more peds were for spanking. As a person with ADD, I didn't need spankings or medication.

As a clinical therapist working with children, the idea that pediatricians should encourage physical discipline of children when all of the reputable research in the field of healthy child development indicates otherwise is uninformed and foolish.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Spanking is not a "differing view" or "an alternative" form if discipline that is equally as effective, in fact, the're exists abundant theoretical and empirical studies and a wide body of research that concludes spanking to have no long term effect on behavior of a child and seventeen potentially negative unintended consequences. if this was a pediatrician who was well known, I would not imagine why you would not share his name. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Some of you would attempt to cause this Doctor trouble.. So NO I AM NOT NAMING HIM.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN