Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son's teacher has called a conference

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My son is in kindergarten in a premier private school.  His teacher e-mailed me Friday and said she wanted to meet with me to discuss his progress.  She has NEVER had anything negative about him to say, has always sung his praises.  I don't know what to think.  Should I be concerned?  Should I be excited?  I'm concerned becuase, OBVIOUSLY no parents WANTS to hear anything negative about their child.  I'm excited because I know she's never had anything negative to say about it.  I move back to concerned bcause I do NOT want to move him above his current grade and I know that, in SOME areas, he is at the academic level to move forward.  In other areas, he is a NORMAL 5 year old.  I have NO idea what to expect.  I KNOW I have no reason to be concerned.  Please talk me down.  Teachers call off schedule conferences all the time, right?
P.S. At his conference, his teacher had nothing but the highest praises for him.    HELP!  Should I be concerned?  (I'm meeting with her Tuesday.) 
Edit:  She did NOT reference ANY behavioral concerns.  She ONLY stated that she wants to discuss his progress.  Part of me fears he's falling behind while part of me is wondering if she's wanting to discuss pushing him forward.  I, myself, have considered discussing the possibility of challenging him more in PARTICULAR areas.  AAAAAAAAAH!  I HATE not knowing!!! 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:24 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:54 PM

I'm a teacher and I don't regularly call parent conferences just for the heck of it or to tell a parent how great their child is doing.  I will have some type of agenda planned.  If it's for behavior, you can bet that I have talked to the parent a few times before about behavior.  There won't be any surpises.  I would never surprise a parent at a conference by telling them how awful he's doing!  I also wouldn't call it just to say he's doing great, I can also do that over the phone or with letters & notes sent home.  Now if he's been falling slightly behind or not doing as well as he used to, I might add that to my agenda. 

Whatever it is, remember, he's your child and you do not have to move him up or change his situation if you don't want to.  It's kindegarten, remember that! 

You will be fine, don't stress over it!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 10:55 PM

???  I use it for emphasis.  I could write in ALL CAPS IF YOU WOULD PREFER.  IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT?

Quoting wumbo:

My god... Control your capitalization...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:01 PM

AFter reading some of your responses to others, you sound a little looney tunes.  Chill out lady.  you act like a 15 year old who is afraid her parents know she smokes. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Nope, not looney tunes.  Just a first time mom who is nervouse.  ;-)  I'm good.  :-)

Quoting Anonymous:

AFter reading some of your responses to others, you sound a little looney tunes.  Chill out lady.  you act like a 15 year old who is afraid her parents know she smokes. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN