Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

worst parenting ever, right?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 130 Replies
8 moms liked this

We parent the same way we were raised. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. My children were formula fed. My daughter had her ears pierced at 6 months. My son was circumsized. We believe in discipline using time out and spanking when necessary.........we apparently are outnumbered by the way the world views children should be raised. oh well..............

MY SCREEN NAME IS EMTMOMTWO. I dont know why it posted anon.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM
8 moms liked this

Well I'm with you and I really don't care what the world thinks.I will spank them if need be,they do chores and I'm their parent,not their friend!I love my kids and will do whatever it takes to make sure that they don't grow up to be spoiled brats!

Mel0dy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:32 PM

okay

ErikaRobin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Wait.  When did right become right?  What happened to left? 

Dammit, I'm always the last to know this shit!

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:34 PM
2 moms liked this
Sometimes my pee smells like asparagus. Specifically after I eat asparagus.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
workingmama86
by Ruby Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
I parent the same... I think I'm doing a great job so far. I have two healthy and very intelligent children who have great manners! Can't complain!
AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
6 moms liked this

Not my kids, not my issue. I'm not a "village" type of gal. If a post is up and asking for opinions, I'll be happy to mention my beliefs on child rearing, but it isn't something I offer in real life unless asked.

We are your parenting polar opposite. While we are a very conservative, traditional family in our ideals, we don't spank, we don't circ, I breastfeed, my dd only recently had her ears pierced at age 11, and there is often a grey area between "right" and "wrong".

*shrug*

It is what it is. You do yours, I'll do mine. No big.

ETA: Since when is formula feeding "old fashioned"? Same for piercing infant ears? I never recall them being the norm, so far as "old fashioned" goes.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
4 moms liked this
Lol @ formula being 'old fashioned' :)
areyouatroll
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
1 mom liked this
No, just no....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
glycerinej
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm right there w/ you... I spank and teach my children whats right and wrong. I REFUSE to have spoiled brats who feel entitled to everything. *disclaimer* I AM NOT SAYING IF YOU DON'T PARENT THE SAME WAY, THATS HOW YOUR CHILD WILL BE...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Old fashioned yet you formula fed? That's funny
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured