Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worst parenting ever, right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We parent the same way we were raised. Right is right. Wrong is wrong. My children were formula fed. My daughter had her ears pierced at 6 months. My son was circumsized. We believe in discipline using time out and spanking when necessary.........we apparently are outnumbered by the way the world views children should be raised. oh well..............

MY SCREEN NAME IS EMTMOMTWO. I dont know why it posted anon.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Replies (41-50):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

so why was it best for your dd to have her ears pierced ? Seems like a pain to me . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im responsible for their body until adulthood. Therefore, we make the decisions on what is or is not done.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

so whose body is it if not theirs ? I am just wandering not trying to fuss . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Its not their body until they reach adulthood in this house. 

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Yeah but it's THEIR body!

Quoting Anonymous:

Both were done because we felt they were right for our children. 

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Can i ask you a question and don't get mad , Why do you do things like circing and piercing ears on another human being what if they get older and hate it i know ear holes can grow back up or whatever but why make those decisions for your child ? Why not let them decide these things on their own. Dh's family told me i needed to go get dd's ear pierced why they are not my ears when she is old enough to decide and she decides she wants them i will take her , but it's her choice really kwim ? Dh's family couldn't believe i felt that way  but oh well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM
I disagree with everything. I think it's horrible parenting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM
2 moms liked this
Op sounds like trailer trash.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

so why was it best for your dd to have her ears pierced ? Seems like a pain to me . 

Quoting Anonymous:

Im responsible for their body until adulthood. Therefore, we make the decisions on what is or is not done.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Can i ask you a question and don't get mad , Why do you do things like circing and piercing ears on another human being what if they get older and hate it i know ear holes can grow back up or whatever but why make those decisions for your child ? Why not let them decide these things on their own. Dh's family told me i needed to go get dd's ear pierced why they are not my ears when she is old enough to decide and she decides she wants them i will take her , but it's her choice really kwim ? Dh's family couldn't believe i felt that way  but oh well. 

ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:57 PM

rolling on floorhugs

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Sometimes my pee smells like asparagus. Specifically after I eat asparagus.

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Well ok anon , that was nice of you lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Op sounds like trailer trash.

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Heh

Quoting ilana_ny:

rolling on floorhugs

Quoting weezer_cookie:

Sometimes my pee smells like asparagus. Specifically after I eat asparagus.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I agree to an extent. Some times we have to parent differently than we were raised. I was spanked. I used to spank ds. He got so much anxiety and stress from it that we have stopped. We now focus a lot more on positive and much less negative and he is a completely different kid. It was opposite for me growing up. When we acted right we never got praised because we were expected to be that way. But we got punished bad when we didn't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
3 moms liked this
So if you molested them, it would be just called masturbating in your house? Since it's not their own bodies, and you can do whatever you please with their bodies and genitals.

Op, you need help and parenting classes.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting 2ltlmonkeyz:

Charmedby3
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:01 AM
My dd's asked for earrings and when they did we took them. My oldest had her 2nd set done last year. She wants 3 like I have... Other then spanking we are the same!
weirdkids
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:02 AM

i tried to do the opposite of what my mother did just because i learned from her mistakes. when my sister was born, i was about 10. from that day forward i was like a sponge absorbing all the things i observed. what worked and what didnt, how to achieve certain things with the kids, and where my mother was screwing up (it was very apparent) now that i am grown with kids of my own (and some that arnt but i love them like they are) i used my observations from the old days and showed my mother (though shell never admit it) that i am a better parent.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)