Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Homewreckers!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I see a lot around here when a woman complains about a husband cheating on them or leaving them for another woman, and postic pics of the chick saying I've got to be prettier than her right? A lot of people comment something to the extent of "we'll she must have a better personality than you " or " looks aren't always everything she may have a great personality!" What I'm wondering is what kind of personality can a woman have if she is so disrespectful of another persons relationship that she would ruin it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:53 PM
If burping and farting can ruin a relationship, said people should stay single forever.

Being a homewrecker can easily ruin a relationship. And if that relationship involves children she's also pulling a parent away from their children for her own personal gain as well. That is far from a good person. More like a shallow person with her own agenda.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then what is? Does every thing have it's own individual category or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

Burping and farting are not in the same category as being a home wrecker

Quoting Anonymous:

Some aspects of a person don't control the whole person. I think it's disrespectful that my friend doesn't say excuse me after she burps or farts, but I still think she has a great personality. 

mrssummerlin
by Platinum Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM
I've only seen those comments in one post.
Are you the OP that posted the dumb "artsy" picture of yourself with half a face and blurry shot of the new girl??

HAHAHAHA!! As far as your question, I have no idea, can't say I've ever been a home wrecker.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I'm asking what is in the same category as cheating/being the other woman, not what ruins relationships.

Quoting Anonymous:

If burping and farting can ruin a relationship, said people should stay single forever.

Being a homewrecker can easily ruin a relationship. And if that relationship involves children she's also pulling a parent away from their children for her own personal gain as well. That is far from a good person. More like a shallow person with her own agenda.

Quoting Anonymous:

Then what is? Does every thing have it's own individual category or something?

Quoting Anonymous:

Burping and farting are not in the same category as being a home wrecker

Quoting Anonymous:

Some aspects of a person don't control the whole person. I think it's disrespectful that my friend doesn't say excuse me after she burps or farts, but I still think she has a great personality. 

mich.el.le
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Idk, I don't agree with that reasoning anyway.

spicy_n_sweet
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
5 moms liked this

I think it goes much deeper than just looks and basic personality.  I think it has far more to do with how the OW/OM treats them.  If a person (man or woman) has a partner who:  is usually in a bad mood, bitches/complains about most everything, really doesn't make time for you, focuses more on others than you, isn't stimulating you mentally/emotionally/sexually, doesn't make you a priority to them.........someone who does those things is very appealing.  Most humans need love, attention, understanding, to be made a priority by the one they love, they need to feel appreciated/admired/loved/respected/important..etc. If someone (man or woman) isn't feeling/receiving those things from their partner, receiving those things from someone else feels really good.

I also do not consider the other person a "home wrecker". I feel the only person capable of /responsible for wrecking their home/their relationship/their family is the person who is married/committed.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK but me personally,  I am turned off by a man who starts telling me about his woes at home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
The cheater is the homewrecker, not the ow/om. But women don't see that. Ow will blame the wife, and the wife often blames the ow. No one blames the guy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Another thing you see people say on here a lot is you can't help who you fall in love with.So I guess the homewreckers,as well as the cheating husbands,can't help it.Personality wouldn't have anything to do with it,and I guess there is no such thing as cheating then,seeing as how you can't help who you love.But then again,that logic only applies if you're talking about gays.(oops,my bad!)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I would venture that in some cases, the woman was pursued by the husband. So, it isn't so much her morality you should question. It is your husband's.

Also, the relationship is about THEM. You may be married to him, but they sure aren't thinking about you when they are together. Ok, he may be as far as not wanting you to find out. The other woman is probably not thinking about you at all.

I'm speaking from experience as the homewrecker, except I did not wreck the home. As far as I know, his wife never found out. It has been 22 years. Our relationship was about US, not THEM. I actually liked his wife very much.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Sadly, in some cases, it IS true you fall for someone when you never intended to do that at all.

However most affairs aren't about love at all.

Did you know that a lot of men, if it is guaranteed that their wives would never find out, would have an affair?--without any shame or guilt. I was shocked when I found that information! I could be wrong, but I would think that most women would only risk an affair if they loved the other person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Another thing you see people say on here a lot is you can't help who you fall in love with.So I guess the homewreckers,as well as the cheating husbands,can't help it.Personality wouldn't have anything to do with it,and I guess there is no such thing as cheating then,seeing as how you can't help who you love.But then again,that logic only applies if you're talking about gays.(oops,my bad!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN