Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think bipolar is fake?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (151-160):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 31 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM
No, my husband has it and I can tell many times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 32 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Bipolar is real...just like other forms of mental illness.  I think there are people who pretend they have bipolar. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 33 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

NO, Bipolor is often found in person's who have been SEXUALLY, MENTALLY OR EMOTIONALLY ABUSED.. 

It is suggested that it is hereditary.. But I don't beleive that. I personally beleive that when you have been abused that you tend to pass on unhealthy traits.. EX..  A CHILD WHO IS EMOTIONALLY ABUSED.. WHEN THEY HAVE A CHILD WILL NOT KNOW HOW TO EMOTIONALLY HANDLE ALL THE NORMAL THINGS OF PARENTING.. OR AT MINIMUM IT WILL BE MUCH MORE OF A STRUGGLE.. 

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM

No, it's real. It's over diagnosed and some people do use it as an excuse.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 34 on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

No I don't think it's fake, but I think it is often misdiagnosed. My former SIL was diagnosed as Bi-polar and then she get a new doctor who told my BIL "She's not Bi-polar, she's just a bitch" lol Not very professional, but there you go. She uses it as an excuse to do whatever she wants without consequences, or at least she tries.

FunnyKids
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM
No it's not fake but some use that excuse for mean or moody people
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
die4u
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

when your on the outside of it, it seems like bullshit, because it seems like a good excuse for shitty behavior. but when you experience it first hand with a family member or you your self have it, its a completely different story. My ex almost killed himself, it was a terrible time but now he is on meds and doing much better, a different man from the one i married and divorced.

missdebb1969
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM
No bipolar is absolutely real. I was diagnosed at 24 by my doctor. I have lived with it for nearly 20 years now. Its real hard at times but I still have a good life !
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Considering my DH is bipolar I know it's real. I pushed him to get diagnosed because I couldn't live with him anymore.

jllcali
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:20 AM
I don't think it's fake. I do think there are people who do claim to be bipolar when they aren't, use it to get attention, use it as an excuse or a badge of honor so to speak, but it's a real diagnosis and I wouldn't wish it on any one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)