Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think bipolar is fake?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (201-207):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 43 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
I'm convenience that it does since being on here
LovelyMommy24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I would be very unintelligent if I said yes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I don't think it's as rampant as people make it seem to be.  Kind of like Autism / Aspergers.  I think it's over-diagnosed.  That is not the fault of the person though - just the idiots who make the said diagnosis...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 44 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I think some are faking and some use it as an excuse,  but I also think there are people with it and that it is very real!

gizmo538
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:05 PM

I don't think it's fake at all, but I do believe there are some who claim to have it and they really don't.

alimorgan
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

It's not fake I have seen too many people suffer from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 30 on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Sometimes I think I am because I'm pretty much like you described. My fiancĂ© calls me crazy and makes fun of me when I have a "tantrum" or if I'm suddenly really happy and lovey. He is always saying he doesn't know what he will get today. 

Quoting chi_moma:

Sorry it's taken so  long to answer your question, I haven't been on in awhile =)

My symptoms are all over the place. One day I'm crying, the next I could be throwing adult tantrums and the next could be extremely happy and lovey dovey. I get really manic for maybe a week or two when I feel unstoppable, like nothing can bring me down or get in my way. But after that I hit a low where I hate life and nothing good ever happens to me etc.

It's really difficult to manage sometimes but overall it's not THAT bad since I've learned to handle my outbursts a little better.

Quoting Anonymous:

Some people are really uneducated about it. Someone on here called me bipolar the other day because she was insulting me and trying to piss me off but I just made jokes which pissed her off even more lol. But if you don't mind me asking what are some of the symptoms that you go through? I really don't know much about it either  

Quoting chi_moma:

Definitely not fake. I'm bipolar and wouldn't wish the hell i go thru on anyone. I think some MAY use it as an excuse for attention tho but if someone truly understands bipolar, it would be fairly obvious they were lying

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN