Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think bipolar is fake?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
beachbabies6
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

No , one of my daughters are bipolar 1 , it's not fake

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I think Ive had way too many people tell me I should just act right and get with the program so Im curious how many people think bipolar isnt real like how some people think adhd isnt real.

Quoting Lurion:

My sister is bipolar and I struggle with how much of how she behaves is her bipolar and how much is just what she thinks she can get away with. 

Many of the things she does, are simply things everyone did when they were about 14, but outgrew as they got older.  

What do YOU think, OP?

ExpectingAubri
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

No

AngeLnChainZ
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish it was fake! I wouldn't suffer through the mood swings daily... Life would be a lot easier.

I volunteer to save lives; What do you do?

zomgkerrie
by Geek Goddess on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this

i think alot of depressed people or some with anger issues, may have mood swings and think they are bipolar-self-diagnose, but to truly have Bi-polar is a whole new world. When I am dealing with mixed-state episode it literally feels like someone is reaching into my ribcage and pulling me apart. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know how I feel is truly real, how it's affected my actions, and how much different my life is now i'm on the correct medication.

K_D88
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Hapsand123
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I dont think its fake. And I also know that some people have it and ondt even know it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

I thinkit feels like being trapped in  boat with an anchor pulling me down and a balloon pulling me up an dme just holding onto the anchor rope in one hand and the balloon string in the other and trying not to sink.

I heard that somewhere and it perfectly described how I feel

Quoting zomgkerrie:

i think alot of depressed people or some with anger issues, may have mood swings and think they are bipolar-self-diagnose, but to truly have Bi-polar is a whole new world. When I am dealing with mixed-state episode it literally feels like someone is reaching into my ribcage and pulling me apart. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I know how I feel is truly real, how it's affected my actions, and how much different my life is now i'm on the correct medication.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:28 AM

no my dh is bipolar...he needs help and fast....since he wont get any help when taxes come in im leaving him...and for other reasons as well

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM

No. why, do you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)