Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you think bipolar is fake?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM

no

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

No. why, do you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM

It is real,but I think only a small percentage of those who claim it, have been diagnosed.

Lurion
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM

So are you bipolar? I'm very curious about this subject, because I want to be empathetic to my sister but some of the stuff she does just seems immature to me. Bipolar or no, I think she should be able to control herself a little. What kinds of things do people tell you to "act right and get with the program" about?

Quoting Anonymous:

I think Ive had way too many people tell me I should just act right and get with the program so Im curious how many people think bipolar isnt real like how some people think adhd isnt real.

Quoting Lurion:

My sister is bipolar and I struggle with how much of how she behaves is her bipolar and how much is just what she thinks she can get away with. 

Many of the things she does, are simply things everyone did when they were about 14, but outgrew as they got older.  

What do YOU think, OP?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Nope, my son has ASD/Bipolar!  Trust me its real.

aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM

no I don't have it but I believe it is very real.

imultracool
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:30 AM
No, I'm sure some do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsRinehart2010
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

no not fake. Im dignosed with it an I dont medicate due to certian reasons an my husbands seen me on my bad days an will tell you its not fake lol.

Sure just like any thing else im sure people use as an excuse an sure some people who claim the have it may not but thats with any thing in life lol

ccnstanczak
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

not fake.

i think that if someone uses it as an excuse clearly shows that they may not be getting the help they need. Obviously some people DO have it and are getting help and are able to live more balanced. others do not. and others are often misdiagnosed or dont even know they are.

mama_2_jasper
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
No. But I do believe that it can be helped by diet and exercise, and holistic methods. I don't think that everyone should be on meds all the time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM
This and I am bipolar.

I TRY not to let it affect my life and to be normal. It's just a bit harder for me.

It can be done though.

Quoting Sassy762:

No and Maybe

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN