Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think bipolar is fake?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Or do you think people use it as an excuse?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Replies (41-50):
Bigmetalchicken
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:33 AM
3 moms liked this

Most people who are genuinely bipolar do not use it as an excuse. And the assholes that do use it as an excuse are the assholes that self diagnose.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:34 AM
No, I don't think it's fake. I know three people who have it.

Do I think people use it as an excuse? Yes. Just like some parents use ADD/ADHD as an excuse for an out-of-control child, I think some people use bipolar disorder as an excuse for their own behavior. (In NO way am I suggesting ADD and ADHD aren't real! But I have seen, on more than one occasion, a parent excuse their child's behavior with "Oh, he has ADD!" Okay...then how come he behaves when someone actually gives consequences for his actions?)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:35 AM

no, i don't think it's fake. some people use it as an excuse though.  not all. but some. 

gemikris82
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:52 PM

no i dont think its fake, and yes ive seen people who have bipolar disorder use it as an excuse not to do something

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this
No and it's a bitch to live with.
ruggy03
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:51 PM
I wish it was fake...the feelings i have and the meds i take...i dont even know myseld in the mirror..as for people who fake it i hope they wake up in a manic episode....
mistie900
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Fake? No. Over diagnosed? Yes. Often used as an excuse? Yes, not by everyone though.

firemouse23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Not fake at all...I lived with one.  Do some use it as an excuse...of course because some parents raise their kids to think they are entitled and they will get what they want any way they can.

BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Dont even get me started.

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:54 PM
1 mom liked this

People that diagnose themselves as bipolar and don't know the real meaning piss me off because it makes people doubt that its a real thing.  I am bipolar and didn't know until I ended up in a mental institution and I was diagnosed there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured