Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married moms: A question! POLL ADDED.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Married moms, do you and your DH both wear wedding rings?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1086

View Results

If not, why?

ETA: Watching Duck Dynasty and noticed none of the guys on there wear their wedding rings. Wondering how common this is!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (431-440):
KRYSTALK1013
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:57 AM
We both do. Hubs actually just got a new one because the original was banged up pretty bad because of work. I wasn't stressing the idea of a ring when we got married, but he was.
janessa27
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:24 AM

We both do- all the time. A coworker of mine said her husband takes his off when he goes on business trips. He says that when he has the ring on- he gets hit on all the time. If he leaves his ring at home no one bothers him. I wonder if this is common?

pregnancy week by week
AuntyEm774
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM
I wear mine when I work in town or if we go out. Neither of us wear one around home--we live on a ranch and there are just too many things they can get caught on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Alliemad_3
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
He doesn't take his off. I only wear mine when I leave the house.
frzmamaof4
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:27 AM
We both do! But dh takes his off for work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 56 on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:35 AM

No, he doesn't wear his du to his job.  He's a mechanic and doesn't want to lose a finger, one of the rules is no jewlery...at all.  Mine doesn't fit me anymore and I keep getting a dry patch on that finger anyway and wearing the ring rubs it and make it hurt.  We know we are married and don't need to wear the rings to prove it.  We moved and he lost his, well I lost his...he gave it to me to put away and I don't know where I put it. 

baileymarie723
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:43 AM
We both wear ours. He lost his a few months ago, but found it a little over a week ago and hasn't taken it off since.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
cherylam
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

the ring is the outward sign of a contract between us... I don't care if he wears one or not, his ass is mine and he knows it.  I wear mine all the time, but its a gold band with cutout claddaughs and I love it.

hlzcmjzajz
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Yes we do- its been 6 years & we both feel naked without them lol
sarah427
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:12 AM
We wear ours. It'd a reminder of how long we have been together and made a life together. The rings themselves don't matter, just what they remind us of. Dh says he is proud of being in a successful marriage because it shows we both work hard and respect each other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN