Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married moms: A question! POLL ADDED.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Married moms, do you and your DH both wear wedding rings?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1086

View Results

If not, why?

ETA: Watching Duck Dynasty and noticed none of the guys on there wear their wedding rings. Wondering how common this is!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (441-450):
hunnyno1
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM

We wear ours when we are not working, otherwise we are not allowed in our employed fields

babs32
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM
I don't wear mine because I'm a burn nurse and its an infection control issue with me. It sits high on my fingers and keeping it clean is too hard, plus things were pretty bad between us. He doesn't wear his because I don't wear mine.
lainec
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:18 PM
He has a leather necklace with a wooden cross, and he put his ring on the necklace also. He tucks it inside his shirt, and it doesn't get in his way when he is wiring boxes and hanging conduit.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting lainec:

Why would he put around his neck?!

Omg, that's terrifying to me. I don't even wear my dog tags around my neck at work. I get he's just an electrician, but still.

I only wear rings, necklaces, etc outside of work if I'm going to dinner. I refuse to lose life or limb for jewelry, I think your dh is the same. Not worth it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dfournier0922
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:26 PM
They range from $20- over hundred.

Quoting cueballsmom:

Quoting dfournier0922:

For individuals who's husband don't wear rings because of work and be could lose his finger you do realize that they make a ring that shatters at a certain psi. It's tungsten carbine. It's also refered to as a mechanics ring. Work is just an excuse to not wear a ring.

how much do those cost exactly? I'm a mechanic, that's the main reason I do not wear one. I really don't see the importance of wearing a ring, though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ashgambit
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM
This might sound crazy...but there are people out their that don't put a dollar value on their relationships. And - now bear with me - some have belief systems that don't warrant wedding rings.

Quoting Anonymous:

Bitch I better be fucking worth more than $20. My husband better spend more than $20 on a ring. Oh gee he spent more than $300 on a wedding band. However since everyone on here is low income I guess that is bragging. Go figure people can actually afford their families on here< rare I know but it does happen. 

Quoting Ashgamit:

Not wearing a ring is white trash but getting a $20 ring from Walmart isn't?

Hey how about just getting one out of those little quarter machines? It's better than nothing, right? Lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg ya'll can get a wedding band for what $20 from Wal-Mart??? Why would you not wear a wedding band??? White trash all the way.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why do you assume people are poor because they don't wear wedding bands?

Income level means nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy fucking shit ladies why in the hell don't you were your wedding bands??? Guess you are just ashamed...don't worry if I was as poor as ya'll I would be too :)

mjlowe
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:47 PM

My husband has done a lot of construction work and in his line of work he has seen too many men either lose their finger or it be broken due to the ring getting caught on something. I don't mind. He is very forth coming about being married. Partly because he talks about his family all the time. Lol. 

Hot_Badonkadonk
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM

My husband doesn't always wear his due to his work.

muchlovedby4
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:50 PM
I can't tell you my experience, cuz i'm not married.
But my parents have been happily married for 31 yrs and my dad only wore his for the 1st yr and a half. He's a mechanic and almost lost his finger in a moving part when the ring got caught- he and my mother discussed it and decided it was safer for him not to wear one. She's completely ok with it.
She wore hers until she had to have hand surgery and had to take it off. She put it up for safe keeping, but we had a house fire and it was one of the many things lost. We found my dad's in the rubble tho, and she happily wears it every day.
cueballsmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Quoting dfournier0922:

thanks. That's pretty neat, actually.
Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I wear one but my DH doesn't. He couldn't wear it at his old job because it was dangerous. He can at his new job but we can't find it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN