Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Married moms: A question! POLL ADDED.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Married moms, do you and your DH both wear wedding rings?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1086

View Results

If not, why?

ETA: Watching Duck Dynasty and noticed none of the guys on there wear their wedding rings. Wondering how common this is!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Replies (51-60):
GaleJ
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:59 AM

We both have stopped wearing them. We have matching bands and age and circumstances have made it difficult to wear them. 

I stopped wearing mine when our son was born. My band is very wide, as was the style when we married, and all the hand washing necessary with an infant caused me to have extreme problems with my skin cracking under the ring. Then I went to work at our school and once again was spending an inordinate amount of time with my hands in water and needing to wash often with the same result. Now it doesn't fit as over the years, we are married forty years, we have gained some weight.

My husband never wore his at work because of safety but used to wear it when home but just as with me and my ring his no longer fits. We have considered new rings since the wide rings we have cannot be sized but so far have done nothing to actually make that happen, perhaps for our fiftieth. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Holy fucking shit ladies why in the hell don't you were your wedding bands??? Guess you are just ashamed...don't worry if I was as poor as ya'll I would be too :)
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Me, always, him, most of the time, however there are times at work that he is required to take it off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Nice to know this is more common than I thought!

At first it rubbed me the wrong way that the Duck Dynasty guys didn't wear their rings (hell it rubs me the wrong way that DH doesn't wear his sometimes, too since he works with computers), but after hearing about how common it is for men to not wear theirs for work, I totally learned something today :D

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Why do you assume people are poor because they don't wear wedding bands?

Income level means nothing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Holy fucking shit ladies why in the hell don't you were your wedding bands??? Guess you are just ashamed...don't worry if I was as poor as ya'll I would be too :)

BrookeNicole86
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:05 AM
I always wear mine. DH doesn't wear his because of his job.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
stephy_85
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM
Girl I come from a very southern family and on the job nobody wears wedding bands. Basically because when you work with your hands there is a huge risk of de-gloving or just losing a finger. It's sick and gross but it is very common when you work with your hands.

Quoting Anonymous:

At first it rubbed me the wrong way that the Duck Dynasty guys didn't wear their rings (hell it rubs me the wrong way that DH doesn't wear his sometimes, too since he works with computers), but after hearing about how common it is for men to not wear theirs for work, I totally learned something today :D

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:11 AM
Hubby cant cause of his.job
Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

No my husband can't wear one to work and he works 60 hours a week. I don't even know where it is. It doesn't bother me at all.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I was born and raised in Louisiana but I rarely saw people NOT wearing their wedding rings, growing up. But my family weren't mechanics or in construction or in any job where they could lose a finger.

Quoting stephy_85:

Girl I come from a very southern family and on the job nobody wears wedding bands. Basically because when you work with your hands there is a huge risk of de-gloving or just losing a finger. It's sick and gross but it is very common when you work with your hands.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)