Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh my god!!! Where did all these fleas come from??!! ***EDIT***

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
  • 85 Replies

We live in Central Florida. It has been in the 70s and 80s lately. We have suddenly become overrun with fleas! They are making me insane. I've tried different flea controls but nothing has worked so far. They are getting in the house and in my car now. Does anyone else have this problem,too? Does anyone have any advice? ***EDIT***   The problem indoors is under control. But the area outside which is right at the front steps and porch shows no signs of giving. We use the back door now. We JUST built this new front porch and we can't even enjoy it because of fleas! I added a list of everything we've tried so far on page....I don't know what page but I'll find it in a sec.....page 6. 

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vanellope
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM
4 moms liked this
Well see....when a flea mommy and a flea daddy love each other very much ;)
Really though I have no idea. Florida is a cesspool of bugs
CBMMOM
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting vanellope:

Well see....when a flea mommy and a flea daddy love each other very much ;)
Really though I have no idea. Florida is a cesspool of bugs

LOL. Thanks,sort of. : )

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM
3 moms liked this
Diatomaceous earth, food grade. Put it everywhere. We get fleas and palmetto bugs ( those giant flying roach things) so bad in south Texas, it's the only thing that keeps them out of my house and away from my dog.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:38 AM

EEEEEEWWWWWWWW mama. That would drive me insane.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM

They all went south for the winter??  lol

z0mbiepenguin
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Ugh. I hate fleas. My cat got them once and it took MONTHS before they went away. My dad bought some chemical but I can't remember what it was called. It was for outdoors, but we used it inside.
I've heard extreme cold kills them, but I guess that's not an option either, with the weather being so high. Hmmm. Not sure OP, good luck though.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Dawn dish soap is the only thing I have ever been able to use on the dogs to get rid of them. *shrug* But I've never been infested. You might need to do a flea bomb. Oh... Seven (lawn and garden) is something you put on your yard and it repels EVERYTHING.

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I use Advantage 2 on my cats. Killed the leftover fleas that were in the house too (from the previous cat that passed away). I never thought it would work that well.

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM
We had that problem. A friend who works with the humane society told me to use petarmor plus and sprinkle borax in the yard. It worked!
cindylou15
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Get a container of regular table salt and sprinkle it through your house give it at least 24 hours...vacuumed them up!!! Poof be gone!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN