Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is so frustrating! Tmi :/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know you probably can't help me and you get tired of these posts but I'm so frustrated!!!!
My youngest child was born 8mo ago and my period was fine and mostly regular until 3 months ago.
I got it 11 days early!
The next month it was over a week late.
This month it's late again (by 3 days, so far).
I've taken pregnancy tests (we do use protection) and they're always negative but all my life my period has been normal and the last 3 months I keep having to wonder wether or not I'm pregnant.
I'm seriously thinking about getting on the pill just so my period will be more regular. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM

It's not unusual for your period to be all kinds of screwed up after having a child. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM
That's another thing, when I finally do get them it hurts so bad and I bleed really heavy.

Quoting Anonymous:

Could be any number of things, including stress. I'm the opposite of you. Never was regular, would go months without one up until 5 months after my last was born and I had my tubes tied. Now I get extremely painful periods like clock work. Ugg. Its been a couple months so I'd probably consult a Dr. Its better to have your mind at ease than worrying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Sorry yours is weird too

Quoting Anonymous:

Give it some time.... mines weird too
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM
I know, it just sucks.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's not unusual for your period to be all kinds of screwed up after having a child. 

idareyou
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:26 AM

It happens. My youngest was born almost 6 years ago, and mine have *just* started getting back to totally regular in the last 6 months. Otherwise I was on a 23-35 day cycle. Back to the 28 days I had before having kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
Oh wow...

Quoting idareyou:

It happens. My youngest was born almost 6 years ago, and mine have *just* started getting back to totally regular in the last 6 months. Otherwise I was on a 23-35 day cycle. Back to the 28 days I had before having kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:43 AM
Lol thanks... but don't be sorry! For some it's different than others. I didn't have a period for over a year after my baby was born (breastfed) and now I have no idea when it'll come. I hate it. I'm always late.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry yours is weird too

Quoting Anonymous:

Give it some time.... mines weird too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:20 AM

your cycle can change with each pregnancy.  I had never been regular, sometimes skipping three months without a cycle.  after my second was born, all of a sudden it was like clockwork.  I could always time it to the day, which was awesome in getting pregnant quickly.  after the third was born, it was still extremely regular but the cycle was much shorter.  I had a 35 day cycle before my 2nd pregnancy, a 30 day cycle after the 2nd pregnancy, and I now have about a 25 day cycle. 

I'm hoping pre-menopause hastens everything all the way down to no cycle sooner rather than later.

Trixi.VonLace
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:22 AM
After every baby I had my cycle went haywire. Your body is still regulating itself, with my youngest.it.took almost a year to be "normal"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:24 AM

I just had my third child 8 months ago and since then I bleed for a week every other week. I've found out that I bleed for my period and then also when I ovulate. It sucks. Sorry. I never used to do this but I also have a friend that this happened after her 3rd.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN