Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is so frustrating! Tmi :/

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I know you probably can't help me and you get tired of these posts but I'm so frustrated!!!!
My youngest child was born 8mo ago and my period was fine and mostly regular until 3 months ago.
I got it 11 days early!
The next month it was over a week late.
This month it's late again (by 3 days, so far).
I've taken pregnancy tests (we do use protection) and they're always negative but all my life my period has been normal and the last 3 months I keep having to wonder wether or not I'm pregnant.
I'm seriously thinking about getting on the pill just so my period will be more regular. :/
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Replies (21-25):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:08 PM
See 3 months ago when I bled 11 days early I thought it was ovulation bleeding cause I had just finished ovulating the day before.

Quoting Anonymous:

I just had my third child 8 months ago and since then I bleed for a week every other week. I've found out that I bleed for my period and then also when I ovulate. It sucks. Sorry. I never used to do this but I also have a friend that this happened after her 3rd.

Lilred57
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:16 PM
I breastfed until dd was 15 months or so and didn't have a period for the first year. Since I started getting my period it's been a week late, a few days, or almost 2 weeks late. It drives me nuts, but its showed up so far lol. I have never had regular periods though, but it is nervewrecking. I would go to the doctor and see what they suggest. I have my appointment tuesday and will definitely be asking!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Yes I will call tomorrow and see if I can get in and talk to the doc.

Quoting Lilred57:

I breastfed until dd was 15 months or so and didn't have a period for the first year. Since I started getting my period it's been a week late, a few days, or almost 2 weeks late. It drives me nuts, but its showed up so far lol. I have never had regular periods though, but it is nervewrecking. I would go to the doctor and see what they suggest. I have my appointment tuesday and will definitely be asking!
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Are you nursing?  That can screw up your periods pretty bad.  Also, it's only been 8 months.  Your body needs time to readjust-usually a year or more.  Go talk to your doctor about it.  The pill is an option-but I would only take if I wasn't nursing at all-no matter what anyone says.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:29 PM
No ma'am, I'm not nursing.
I'm probably just being paranoid.
It's just with my oldest I never had that issue.

Quoting chalisa0:

Are you nursing?  That can screw up your periods pretty bad.  Also, it's only been 8 months.  Your body needs time to readjust-usually a year or more.  Go talk to your doctor about it.  The pill is an option-but I would only take if I wasn't nursing at all-no matter what anyone says.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)