Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What's wrong with???? special needs....

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 18 Replies
Having more children if you have a child with a disability?

I have my Joseph who has Down Syndrome and we are now 9 about to be 10 weeks pregnant with our 3rd baby. Kaden our oldest is 6.

Josephs health is great. He is potty training. He goes to school all day and he gets his therapies at school. We don't go to doctors all the time anymore and he's been seizure free for 2yrs. He is a normal child. We don't see him as being disabled. So why would someone think its wrong to give him a brother or sister?

He is so excited to be a big brother. He tells everyone his baby is cooking. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:23 AM
2 moms liked this
There is nothing wrong with having more children as long as you can handle it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jade89
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Because, someone will always find some way to criticize you or judge you.

Tell them mind their own damn business and live your life the way that's best for you and your family

Congrats on your son's progress and your pregnancy
amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM
Oh yea we can. We waited 5yrs to make sure his health was good and he was on track with his development.

Quoting Roxygurl:

There is nothing wrong with having more children as long as you can handle it.
428pm
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this

I dont.  I chose not to have more because my son needs all my time.  But I think each family needs to do whats best for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I have 3 special needs children. There is nothing wrong with it. I enjoy my kids most days just like any mom.
Leah3333
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Nothing wrong with it at all. My niece has Down syndrome and she lights up my world when I am around her. She is the sweetest, friendliest little girl you would ever meet and holy cow she just dotes on her baby sister. 

amy1will
by Amethyst on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:37 AM
That's Joseph. He makes my bad days so much better. He is so loving and caring. He's so gentle with new babies. He kisses and hugs my belly now. I am excited to give him a sibling.

Quoting Leah3333:

Nothing wrong with it at all. My niece has Down syndrome and she lights up my world when I am around her. She is the sweetest, friendliest little girl you would ever meet and holy cow she just dotes on her baby sister. 

reaandiziesmama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM
1 mom liked this

You know I love your Joesph.He is going to be the BEST big brother!!! And new baby is lucky to have such a great mommy!!

Leah3333
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Oh yeah and I bet he is over the moon excited to be a big brother. Abby did coloring projects everyday for the baby and a few weeks before she was born they layed them all out and let her pick 5 and then framed them and put them up in the baby's bed room and Abby just beams when she sees that she was part of that. Every single Down syndrome kiddo, baby and adult I have ever met has been the happiest sweetest person ever. I don't see how anyone can ever say anything bad or mean to or about them.

Quoting amy1will:

That's Joseph. He makes my bad days so much better. He is so loving and caring. He's so gentle with new babies. He kisses and hugs my belly now. I am excited to give him a sibling.

Quoting Leah3333:

Uzma_mom_of_2
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I don't think I could handle more than 1 child if one had a special need. My nephew has something. At first they said it wasn't autism, now they're saying it is, I don't know. There is definitely something, and he needs a lot of attention.

I feel overwhelmed at times and I have got the 2 best kids. (90%) of time anyway.

If you can do it, go for it.  I guess some people think you would have more kids with special needs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)