Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

HEADLINE NEWS! OMG they just passed a bill to ban all guns in the USA!

Posted by   + Show Post

No not really but now that I have your attention...

This is not about the school shooting so... but my reason of this post is based on something I posted in a post based on the silly conspiracies of CT shooting.

For years I have debated off and on about guns, owning guns, right to bare arm, people packing guns in public and limiting guns per house hold.

I will confess immediately I am not a gun owner, I do not like guns, and will likely never own a gun in my life time.

However in all the debate I have ever engaged in with gun rights, never once did I ever hear anyone defend the right to bare arm for the sake of the community. Of course with all these nut cases gunning people down....

For those of you that are all up and horny about banning guns in the USA you really should reconsider your thoughts. Again I am not a gun hugger, thumper, or even believe that guns serve great purpose even hunting, I can tell you right now, I would be scared shitless if guns were banned in my country.

Why?

We live in a very violent world and even with many knowing there are guns in the home we are still attacked by terrorists, burglars, and so forth. Imagine realisticly if we banned guns... This is not going to stop a burglar from having one and robbing your home. This will make the terrorist SUPER DUPER fucking happy... While I understand the fear because of the recent events of guns believe me I fear it too. But at the same time why in the hell do people want to disarm the country knowing, if people bad people knew none of us had guns, they would attack even more knowing this.... 

Surely most must be able to understand what I am trying to say here, it is late, I had to get this out but come on, it is not wise to ban guns in the USA, we would fall, maybe not our own government, but the crime rate would triple or more not to forget, some countries really hate us and would love to see us helpless in our homes.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:35 AM
Its funny you mention community. Dh has said for yrs that if the sh*t hit the fan, a group of guys, including himself, have already planned on protecting our town. I agree with you. One of my concerns over a gun ban is creating a nation where the bad guys out number the good in guns. My second fear is if we allow a change to one of our primary constitutional rights, how many other changes will follow?
KeriAZ
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Not buying because I have a teen in my home. I'm buying to protect us from assholes and my ex. Well guess he can be lumped in with the assholes.

Quoting thetrollcat:

why are buying a gun because of having a teen in the home???

Quoting KeriAZ:

People need to look at Chicago. They have a gun ban. They have a high murder rate. Bad guys will always have guns. I am buying one soon and I have a teen at home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:46 AM
You know its funny. Guns are practically and accessory here. Yet there's only been 5 murders here over 13 yrs and only 2 involved guns. Our crime rate is low. The most violent crime is a drunken brawl or two a weekend and those are rarely very serious.

Quoting KeriAZ:

People need to look at Chicago. They have a gun ban. They have a high murder rate. Bad guys will always have guns. I am buying one soon and I have a teen at home.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:46 AM

I'll be honest with you. The constitutional right is not a concern I have as independent purposes because someone just wants to have a gun. However, it is important because, as I stated in this post, disarming a country is really making us gullable to the world we live in. 

Seriously, if rapist and burglars knew that a whole city was unarmed, just think of how the crime would increase.... If other countries knew our country was unarmed as communities just think of how easy it would be to attack us opening and more often.

While I never like violence, the facts are, USA is a target, we are a target to many countries that would love to see us disarmed...

'Realisticly, having guns we are protecting not only ourselves but our communities as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Its funny you mention community. Dh has said for yrs that if the sh*t hit the fan, a group of guys, including himself, have already planned on protecting our town. I agree with you. One of my concerns over a gun ban is creating a nation where the bad guys out number the good in guns. My second fear is if we allow a change to one of our primary constitutional rights, how many other changes will follow?

I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:47 AM

I gotcha I read it the other way around LOL

Quoting KeriAZ:

Not buying because I have a teen in my home. I'm buying to protect us from assholes and my ex. Well guess he can be lumped in with the assholes.

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting KeriAZ:

KeriAZ
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:49 AM
That's OK.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I gotcha I read it the other way around LOL

Quoting KeriAZ:

Quoting thetrollcat:

Quoting KeriAZ:

your_angel
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:52 AM
I don't own a Guy but I honestly don't think it'd be a bad idea if we had one. The area we live in isn't the worst but recently there has been a spike in violent crimes. Shootings stabbings and home invasions. Sometimes I wonder if we should get one for protection just in case.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Very true.

Quoting thetrollcat:

I'll be honest with you. The constitutional right is not a concern I have as independent purposes because someone just wants to have a gun. However, it is important because, as I stated in this post, disarming a country is really making us gullable to the world we live in. 

Seriously, if rapist and burglars knew that a whole city was unarmed, just think of how the crime would increase.... If other countries knew our country was unarmed as communities just think of how easy it would be to attack us opening and more often.

While I never like violence, the facts are, USA is a target, we are a target to many countries that would love to see us disarmed...

'Realisticly, having guns we are protecting not only ourselves but our communities as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

kaiser10123
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Omg! You're title almost made me cry...banning all guns is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's like prohibition oh we're going to ban alcohol (we all know how that played out). It was on the news a young girl about 12 had a pink hunting rifle that (she just learned how to use) scared off two robbers who broke into her home will she was alone. I'm sorry but I would want my children to know how to protect themselves in the same manner. Would they have regular access or know where it is HELL NO but in the case of an emergency and I'm unable to get to it THEN they will know how to get to it. Emergencies only my gun would come out.
kaiser10123
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM
It's not a bad idea to be honest. If you safely put it away where no one but yourself and your DH knows where it is then I would consider...yes there are other ways to protect yourself but if you have children then go over the Pros and Cons.

Quoting your_angel:

I don't own a Guy but I honestly don't think it'd be a bad idea if we had one. The area we live in isn't the worst but recently there has been a spike in violent crimes. Shootings stabbings and home invasions. Sometimes I wonder if we should get one for protection just in case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN