Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HEADLINE NEWS! OMG they just passed a bill to ban all guns in the USA!

Posted by   + Show Post

No not really but now that I have your attention...

This is not about the school shooting so... but my reason of this post is based on something I posted in a post based on the silly conspiracies of CT shooting.

For years I have debated off and on about guns, owning guns, right to bare arm, people packing guns in public and limiting guns per house hold.

I will confess immediately I am not a gun owner, I do not like guns, and will likely never own a gun in my life time.

However in all the debate I have ever engaged in with gun rights, never once did I ever hear anyone defend the right to bare arm for the sake of the community. Of course with all these nut cases gunning people down....

For those of you that are all up and horny about banning guns in the USA you really should reconsider your thoughts. Again I am not a gun hugger, thumper, or even believe that guns serve great purpose even hunting, I can tell you right now, I would be scared shitless if guns were banned in my country.

Why?

We live in a very violent world and even with many knowing there are guns in the home we are still attacked by terrorists, burglars, and so forth. Imagine realisticly if we banned guns... This is not going to stop a burglar from having one and robbing your home. This will make the terrorist SUPER DUPER fucking happy... While I understand the fear because of the recent events of guns believe me I fear it too. But at the same time why in the hell do people want to disarm the country knowing, if people bad people knew none of us had guns, they would attack even more knowing this.... 

Surely most must be able to understand what I am trying to say here, it is late, I had to get this out but come on, it is not wise to ban guns in the USA, we would fall, maybe not our own government, but the crime rate would triple or more not to forget, some countries really hate us and would love to see us helpless in our homes.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
DixieL
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I agree with you OP. I have been saying the same thing. If guns were banned, the crazy people and the bad people would still be able to get them. They would have them going all over the place and shooting and killing everyone they wanted too, while we would have nothing to protect ourselves with.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I live 45 minutes from the US-Mexico border. I am not a criminal, I do not own a gun nor do I associate myself with people who illegally own firearms, as they are criminals.

However, if I wanted to own a gun, illegally, one that I am not allowed to own in California, all I'd have to do is speak to a few people. Someone will know someone who has a friend who has an uncle who was homies with a Mara Salvatrucha who asked him to hold on to an M-4 and was locked up for life so told said uncle to keep it as a gift, and now said uncle wants some rims and is looking to sell the thing off. You think I'm kidding? You think this isn't a real thing? You think it's THAT difficult to get one?

No, it's not. People living in other areas of the country are under this illusion that the US-Mexico border is somehow magically sealed from gun runners because they post up on the news whenever they find a tunnel. The truth is, we are way outmanned out there. There are people bringing sh*t through ALL-OF-THE-TIME. I am living 45 minutes north from a country that is *literally* run by drug cartels. I bet as I speak there are more illegal firearms being hauled here through the desert at this very moment.

My point is, you illegalize guns. Do it. That will NOT stop me from owning a gun if I have the ill intent and money. Hell, I'm a woman. Sorry to get vulgar, but with this body, I might not even NEED money.

The world is a dirtier place than people living in those tidy little middle-class suburbs like to think it is. Illegalize guns. That won't stop the criminals in any fashion.

Spfldmomof2
by Kimberly on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Well, thetrollcat, I rarely agree with you, but this I do.  I was reading your responses in the other post about the sandy hook conspiracy, and I was actually agreeing with you!  My grandpa had hunting rifles, and if we so much as looked at them the wrong way, we were whooped. So,I think if Uzis and the like were banned,(what the hell do we need assault rifles for anyway?) then we could still keep handguns and hunting rifles. So, thanks for this post!

touchingstars
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It's pointless too ban guns because law abiding citizens don't use guns for evil like criminals... Criminals will always find a way to get a gun..

As to prevent a cracker jack that lost his mind and going on shooting ramage I have not reached a solution
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I don't know how to insert this video, but I really liked it. It is true that the second amendment was most set up so that we could protect ourselves in the event that our leaders turned against us (keep in mind that we had just fought for our freedom from the tyrannical rule of Great Britain). Our founders wanted to be sure that we would never again be in that situation and wanted to be sure we could protect ourselves.

As much as people don't want to admit it, the 2nd amendment really is about the people having power equal to the army. I do hope that our own personal gun is not banned. We have a Smith and Wesson M&P 40. It holds 15 rounds. I would hate to part with it, but I am not the type to break the law. The gun is properly stored as is the ammunition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:31 AM

I understand what you are saying. I live in Texas. People here are already saying that if they ban guns, any guns we can just get them from Mexico. Its easy to get anything from Mexico. However the last thing anyone needs is for the cartels to get bigger and more powerful. The cartels don't discriminate when it comes to selling anything and gangs are some of their biggest customers. They don't care if they are black, white, Latino, or Asian. If they have money they can have drugs, guns, and slaves.

Those of us especially in the southern border states have got to be able to protect ourselves. Where I live it would take a first responder at least 30 minutes to get to us.

Quoting Anonymous:

I live 45 minutes from the US-Mexico border. I am not a criminal, I do not own a gun nor do I associate myself with people who illegally own firearms, as they are criminals.

However, if I wanted to own a gun, illegally, one that I am not allowed to own in California, all I'd have to do is speak to a few people. Someone will know someone who has a friend who has an uncle who was homies with a Mara Salvatrucha who asked him to hold on to an M-4 and was locked up for life so told said uncle to keep it as a gift, and now said uncle wants some rims and is looking to sell the thing off. You think I'm kidding? You think this isn't a real thing? You think it's THAT difficult to get one?

No, it's not. People living in other areas of the country are under this illusion that the US-Mexico border is somehow magically sealed from gun runners because they post up on the news whenever they find a tunnel. The truth is, we are way outmanned out there. There are people bringing sh*t through ALL-OF-THE-TIME. I am living 45 minutes north from a country that is *literally* run by drug cartels. I bet as I speak there are more illegal firearms being hauled here through the desert at this very moment.

My point is, you illegalize guns. Do it. That will NOT stop me from owning a gun if I have the ill intent and money. Hell, I'm a woman. Sorry to get vulgar, but with this body, I might not even NEED money.

The world is a dirtier place than people living in those tidy little middle-class suburbs like to think it is. Illegalize guns. That won't stop the criminals in any fashion.

jkampbyll
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I agree

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Wow, the title scared me for a second there. Think that banning all guns would be the stupidest thing in the world. We have a right to protect ourselves, when the circumstance arises. However, I do think they should make it harder to obtain a gun and only certain guns should be allowed in a home. I think hunting rifles are ok, so long as they are used for hunting. Also a small firearm like a pistol  would be ok, do to protecting a home. Firing it  in the home should be last resort because I don't think a robber would continue if he was staring down the barrel of gun but in the event they do continue then I think it is ok. Personally I don't own a gun and don't want them in my home but they do have purpose.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
littlelamb303
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I agree with you OP.  I hate guns as well(even though my dad had them when we were growing up, he was a hunter).  The difference between me back then and kids today, I knew better than to touch them.  Many kids today, not so much. I seriously question the mental stability of a lot of these gun owners that are completely freaking out.  Their anger shows me they probably should not own a gun.  I could never have a gun in my home, due to living with a mentally unstable person.  If they did mental health checkups on a lot of these people, many would be denied.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:08 PM

BUMP!

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured