Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Gas? Colic? Help!

Posted by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:54 AM
J3
  • 14 Replies

For 2 days now if Jordyn (8 Weeks) is awake she is screaming.  She will have a few minutes at various times during the day when she is ok but it doesn't last long.  She is also very tired....probably from all the screaming!  She does sleep through the night though.  At least till about 4:30. This morning she woke up and ate but started screaming after and the only thing that calms ger down is to sit in the computer chair and bounce her.  

We have her on soy formula and we do use the gripe water.  IF the gripe water works it doesn't last long.  She is not spitting up more than usual and she doesn't seem constipated.  I just don't know.  Any ideas?

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/118404

by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:57 AM
Have you tried gas drops? Maybe she is allergic to soy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:59 AM

No, just grip water.  It is supposed to help with gas too.  Wouldn't she have shown signs before now if she was allergic to soy though?

Quoting Fields456:

Are you on the Weight Watchers program? This is a group for support through your weight loss journey. No judging or drama here!

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:02 AM
Try the gas drops. Gripe water never worked for my kids. And I'm not really sure about the allergy I was just throwing that out there as a possibility

Quoting hopeym23:

No, just grip water.  It is supposed to help with gas too.  Wouldn't she have shown signs before now if she was allergic to soy though?

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:03 AM

I will try it.  Thank you.

Quoting Fields456:

Try the gas drops. Gripe water never worked for my kids. And I'm not really sure about the allergy I was just throwing that out there as a possibility

Quoting hopeym23:

Quoting Fields456:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Time to talk to her PED. 

Fields456
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Good luck. If it doesn't get better talk to her pedi

Quoting hopeym23:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting hopeym23:

Quoting Fields456:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I don't want it to be a wasted trip either though.  I thought I would ask here first.  I'll probably call today if it stays the same.  Thank you.

Quoting Anonymous:

Time to talk to her PED. 

hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I will, thanks.

Quoting Fields456:

Good luck. If it doesn't get better talk to her pedi

Quoting hopeym23:

Quoting Fields456:

Quoting hopeym23:

Quoting Fields456:

hopeym23
by J3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM

BUMP!

Mariah-1987
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:18 AM
The first 3 months of my oldest daughters life I was pretty much in auto pilot because of colic. I breastfed watched what I ate. I was even walking 5 miles everyday and exercising to lose the weight. The only time she really slept was in the stroller while walking. And then 1 day it just went away. And she was sweet and started sleeping thru the night. My second was very gassy. I had her on soy formula and gas drops every 4 hrs. And that worked wonders. I hope your little gets to feeling better soon.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)