Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will you ultimately have as many children as you WANT?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies

Will you end up having as many children as you WANT , or will you only have as many as you SHOULD have?

I ask because I go through a daily struggle in my mind about whether or not to have a third child. I WANT this baby and I know we can successfully raise 1 more. However, I worry about how much it will complicate things... And wonder if I should have 1 more.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I wanted two, but our son was a difficult baby, so DH said no more, and no one can convince him otherwise. There's always the chance for an oops, though :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Wanted three--had two very bad pregnancies and two children with mild/moderate medical issues. Decided to stop before someone died.

Unoriginal.
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM
Hopefully. We agreed on 2, and are only 1 shy of that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:19 AM
I'm not sure what you mean about "should have", but we've always wanted 3 children and that's how many we had!
alyssaravensmom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM
We want 2-3. We are working on our second.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:20 AM

We decided early on to stop at 3. We had that number decided before having number 2. I had my tubes tied after number 3, while I was still in the hospital with her. About 2 months later, I totally crashed. I was so depressed in general, but I was simply devastated that I would never have another baby. 

Pit wasn't even that I wanted another one, I just hated that I would never be able to change my mind. Now that the kids are all older, ranging from 5th-11th grade, thes a light at the end of the tunnel, you know? I am SO glad we stopped when we did. I can't imagine going through years and years more. I love being a mom, but I had two SN kids, and with them older now, they have less needs that I am dealing with day to day. 

There is a lot more time for me to just enjoy the happy parts of being a mom- like taking my daughter to her best friends house, because finally now, in 5th grade, she actually has a friend for the first time. 

beeky
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:23 AM

I wanted two and I have two.  I was done years ago!

Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I only wanted one and I'm 33wks pregnant with my second, so no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GoddessAnna
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM
Only if I can manage to get pregnant again. We have three, want four. I waited over 5 years for the chance to try: my husband did not think we could afford a fourth until he went to Afghanistan and we paid down our debt.

It's breaking my heart, though, because we are having a bit of trouble. I'm afraid that if we don't get pregnant again, I'll resent my husband. We could have managed years ago, I did the math over and over again. Nothing to do about it now but keep trying every month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:26 AM

We actually had a very long talk about this recently because we are trying for our second. Our talk lead to this, we talked on whether we wanted to just stop with our daughter and we both decided that would be nice but we also decided that we didn't want to leave our daughter alone and with no siblings. So we ultimately decided on two. And that works out perfectly because I don't think I could handle a third pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)