Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pros and cons or having a baby, abortion, and adoption

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

What are some pros and cons of having a baby?

What are some pros and cons of having an abortion?

What are some pros and cons of adoption?

My cousin just found out that she is about 5-6 weeks pregnant. It is unplanned and she found out when she went to get her monthly depo shot. Well she is freaked out and trying to decide what is best for her. She is trying to come up with a pros/cons list for all the options to help her think the decision through. She will not see this post because I know there will be bashing. She is 20 years old and has an almost ear old already. She is a full time college student with no job living off student loans. She is married but her DH is out of work so he has been staying home with their child. They already are struggling finacially with one kid. She already has a good list but I think pros/cons from others might really help her. 

She is not trying to get persuaded one way or another and just wants a list so that she can think it through for herself. 

I know for many people there is no need for a "pros/cons" list but when it comes to an unwanted pregnancy it isnt an easy answer. 

Thanks in advance 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Pros of abortion: You can go on as if nothing has happened?

Cons of abortion: Regret..

Pros of adoption: Satisfaction in letting your Child live and giving him a chance at a good good life.
Cons: Not seeing the baby as much as you like, but there are options if an open adoption.

Pros & Cons of keeping baby: This all depends if you are ready for a child and if the child is able to be taken care of properly.
In the end that is what matters. Best of luck:)
momof2boy2girl
by Valerie on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Those are all very personal. You can't have a cut and dry list for every person facing those decisions.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:27 AM
Having a baby- Parenting if possible is always best! Yes its hard but you always find a way to make it!
The love and connection is umbelievable & something you will never regret!

Abortion-No pros only cons so ill stop here

Adoption- If she was to choose adoption she could still have a relationship with the baby, She would be able to get to know the pareents to raise her child, And with hopes the baby would lead a wonderful life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN