Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't be the only one who likes this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Replies (21-30):
touchingstars
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this
If a gun is what I need to protect my family, a gun I will have.
KMadsen
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Totally agree with this. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I don't need a gun. I like bats. So this doesn't affect me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM
1 mom liked this
How is there no comparing? So just because he's the president he can have protection and we can't? We live in a society where people will shoot you for a wallet not knowing if there is any money in it, but yet we don't need protection!

Quoting mcclainprincess:

The picture is dumb. There really is no comparing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM
again.. so, psychos only attack presidents? he has a huge target because of who he is. my stepmother has a huge target on her head too, because she lives in a town with a serial killer loose for years and she fits the profile for his victims to a T. how do we go about deciding who's "at risk" enough to protect themselves? who's, "important" enough?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, it's because he has a HUGE target on his head. The average citizen doesn't. 

Quoting Anonymous:

so the president gets to protect his famiily from psychos because psychos only go after presidents? or is it just because we just aren't as important?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its repulsive to know the reasons the FIRST FAMILY gets secret service protection and WHY? lol This post is so stupid and lacking in common sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow. suck a little harder on his nuts, would you? fucking repulsive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not married to the President. I DONT need a gun. I fully agree with the first family getting a bit more security than mine. ;)

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM
4 moms liked this
Exactly. People thinking ALL guns are up for ban is absurd. I hate meaningless propoganda like this.

Quoting ashleyrenee24:

I'm not anti gun by no means, but I agree with this. Since when did gun control mean banning all guns.

Quoting luckysevenwow:

It's not even a fair comparison and I support the right to bare arms.

He's not talking about handguns, hunting rifles or shot guns. He's talking assault rifles, no ones needs an assault rifle or a clip that holds 30 rounds. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM

When your family is a target like his family is then you too can have secret service armed guards.... until then, no

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:38 AM
The first family is FAR MORE likely to be attacked. They NEED secret service. You don't. GET A CLUE!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

again.. so, psychos only attack presidents? he has a huge target because of who he is. my stepmother has a huge target on her head too, because she lives in a town with a serial killer loose for years and she fits the profile for his victims to a T. how do we go about deciding who's "at risk" enough to protect themselves? who's, "important" enough?

Quoting luckysevenwow:

No, it's because he has a HUGE target on his head. The average citizen doesn't. 

Quoting Anonymous:

so the president gets to protect his famiily from psychos because psychos only go after presidents? or is it just because we just aren't as important?

Quoting Anonymous:

Its repulsive to know the reasons the FIRST FAMILY gets secret service protection and WHY? lol This post is so stupid and lacking in common sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

wow. suck a little harder on his nuts, would you? fucking repulsive.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not married to the President. I DONT need a gun. I fully agree with the first family getting a bit more security than mine. ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mcclainprincess:

The picture is dumb. There really is no comparing.

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree.  Why is there no comparing?  Because of his status?   Why are his spouse and children more important than mine?We are both people, American citizens, and we both have the same rights.  If he and his family have the right to protection, then so do we.  It makes more sense (financially speaking) for me to weild my own weapon(s) instead of having an armed guard, but that's about the only difference.

So, tell me again why this is dumb?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:40 AM

The president does need more protection to protect his from the people who make pictures like this and the people that believe pictures like this,  there is no comparing him and the regular public.  Also he doesn't want to ban all guns!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured