Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the first flu symptom?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies

I woke up with a runny nose and my lungs feel like they're on fire! I feel like I'm about to get a cold, but I'm really not that bad right now. 

Is this how the flu starts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soliderwife
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Could be sinus??Are u coughing, feing achey all over? Running fever??
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
angie944
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:55 AM

With me, it usually feels like my body is just achy and i start coughing.  Then the fever starts.... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting soliderwife:

Could be sinus??Are u coughing, feing achey all over? Running fever??

No coughing or aching or fever. Just this feeling in my lungs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:56 AM

Quoting angie944:

With me, it usually feels like my body is just achy and i start coughing.  Then the fever starts.... 

I don't have that! That makes me feel better. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

I just checked my temp and its 99.6. Higher than normal for me but not a fever. Crap. I hope it isn't the start of one. 

lwalker270
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:59 AM

That's how it started with me -- a tightness in my chest that turned into a dry cough that night and then the body aches and fever started the next day.  If you get into your doctor within 48 hours of onset of symptoms, they can give you TamiFlu.  I'd had it for over 72 hours when I was seen, but got my boys in right away and they had a much shorter/milder case than I did.

Feel better :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Quoting lwalker270:

That's how it started with me -- a tightness in my chest that turned into a dry cough that night and then the body aches and fever started the next day.  If you get into your doctor within 48 hours of onset of symptoms, they can give you TamiFlu.  I'd had it for over 72 hours when I was seen, but got my boys in right away and they had a much shorter/milder case than I did.

Bleck. I had hives from tamiflu a while ago, so I can't even take it. 

lwalker270
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Oh, that sucks!  Try to get as much rest as you can and I hope you feel better soon :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Thank you!

Quoting lwalker270:

Oh, that sucks!  Try to get as much rest as you can and I hope you feel better soon :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting lwalker270:

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:05 PM

The flu started with a cough and body aches for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured