Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What is the first flu symptom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I woke up with a runny nose and my lungs feel like they're on fire! I feel like I'm about to get a cold, but I'm really not that bad right now. 

Is this how the flu starts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
vicky33006
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:07 PM

That's how it started for me. My chest was on fire and I had this very dry cough. It started on a Saturday and then I felt a little worse on Sunday. By Monday I was super achy, and by Tuesday I just wanted to die. The fever was the worst part, but the cough with the chest ache was pretty awful too. Hopefully it's something else OP! Feel better!

DIStickers.com Ticker

RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Mine usually starts with bring achey and headache.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kjoarcik
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Mine started with a cough that I could feel in my chest. The next day I was achy all over along with my cough and a fever.

justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:10 PM
No. The flue is body aches and fever.

I'm just getting over bronchitis and that's how I felt. Runny nose and weird feeling chest
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
marabie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:11 PM

The flu comes rapidly within a few hours you will feel like a truck hit you. I started with a sore throat, already had a sinus infection and then got a double whammy.

momof6nokc
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:12 PM

For me I woke up on a Friday morning with a headache, which is really unusual.  The headache persisted throughout the day despite taking meds. It wasn't horrible, just constant. 

By Friday night I had a sore throat and started a cough.

Saturday I was worse but still functioning OK.

By Sunday I had full-on body aches, fever, cough, headache, sore throat, the works!!!

I don't take Tamiflu. What I did do was take steamy showers, and I chugged fresh squeezed OJ and grapefruit juice like it was going out of style!!!  I drank about 32 ounces per day and I swear it helped me get over the flu faster than anyone else. I was down for 6 days.

**Just call me Stuart**

ANSLUASI
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:13 PM

My flu just before Christmas started with what felt like a horrible head cold and lower backache.

airraidsiren09
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:15 PM
That's how it started for me, my husband & my son. We all had it about the same time. I would go see a doc & have them do the nasal swab so they can get you started on the right meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Quoting vicky33006:

That's how it started for me. My chest was on fire and I had this very dry cough. It started on a Saturday and then I felt a little worse on Sunday. By Monday I was super achy, and by Tuesday I just wanted to die. The fever was the worst part, but the cough with the chest ache was pretty awful too. Hopefully it's something else OP! Feel better!

How long did it last for you?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Thanks everyone. Sounds like I need to just wait and see!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN