Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the first flu symptom?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I woke up with a runny nose and my lungs feel like they're on fire! I feel like I'm about to get a cold, but I'm really not that bad right now. 

Is this how the flu starts? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Replies (21-27):
Mariah-1987
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM
For me my belly just started cramping up and I took a nap and woke up so sick. This morning tho so far so good. Both of my kids had a very short version of it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vicky33006
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:14 PM

The worst part of it was really quick. I felt like death for one full day, and then woke up better the next day. The chest pain stuff and the cough are still with me though more than a week later. I feel mostly ok, but can't go to the gym or do anything that gets me out of breath at all...so it's still really annoying.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting vicky33006:

That's how it started for me. My chest was on fire and I had this very dry cough. It started on a Saturday and then I felt a little worse on Sunday. By Monday I was super achy, and by Tuesday I just wanted to die. The fever was the worst part, but the cough with the chest ache was pretty awful too. Hopefully it's something else OP! Feel better!

How long did it last for you?

momof6nokc
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

ANd the incredible light headed feeling when you cough!  UGH

Quoting vicky33006:

The worst part of it was really quick. I felt like death for one full day, and then woke up better the next day. The chest pain stuff and the cough are still with me though more than a week later. I feel mostly ok, but can't go to the gym or do anything that gets me out of breath at all...so it's still really annoying.

**Just call me Stuart**

mypbandj
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:52 PM

The flu usually hits you all at once - you feel achy and sore, head ache, extreme tiredness. 

Colds come on gradually where at first you feel the scratchy throat or someother symptom and it grows into a full blown cold. 

RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM
The first sign for me is that I ache all over, paired with a cough and a headache. Then I get a fever.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
vicky33006
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Yes!!!! I'm soooo sick of feeling like this!

Quoting momof6nokc:

ANd the incredible light headed feeling when you cough!  UGH

Quoting vicky33006:

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I'm just getting over the flu now and my first symptom was a fever and cough

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured